Bass fishing- artificial vs live bait poll

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Approximately what percentage of time do you use artificials when fishing for Bass?

90 to 100%
81%
75%
7%
50%
No votes
25%
7%
Less than 10%
4%

Total votes: 27

spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Bass fishing- artificial vs live bait poll

Post by spinner »

I thought it would be interesting to find out what percentage of the time members of the board fish for Bass using artificial bait.

If you read this,please take the time to vote so we can get a true picture and feel free to add comments to this topic.
****Once you have voted the results will show on your monitor.****

Thank you
river rat
Participant
Participant

Post by river rat »

I fish with artificals About 75% of the time , getting ready for tournamets. On the otherhand I take my 3 yearold daughter fishing a fair amount , and use minnows or worms under a tigger bobber which she just loves. And most of the time seems to beat her oldman.

River Rat
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

All you need to do is use a black power worm texas-rigged and you may never go back to live bait again
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Live Bait

Post by Joisey Joe »

Last year on my trip up north I absolutely slayed em on minnows! I usually use Rapalas and Mepps and a few other topwater lures and have good results. I must have been living right because I was skunked on lures and switched to minnows(my brother and brother-in-law didn't), and wham bam thank you maam! I can't even count how many I got, Crappie and Pike(I was after them) too. BigJoe.
Lucannus
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Artificial

Post by Lucannus »

I am 99% artificial guy.

To be honest its becuase I have more success on artificial than live or forzen bait. Could be that I have never been really taught how to present a Live/Frozen bait correctly.

I also enjoy the ability to chaneg up quickly. If the Red lure isn't work move to the black or switch to the yellow. Versus one type of live/frozen bait.

And when all else fails go to the Black Power Worm like Fish-Hawk suggests. It does work!
slimer
Participant
Participant

Post by slimer »

It depends, for largemouth I use 100% artificial. for smallies It's about 75%live bait, but I usually fish for smallies in small river with a slip bobber.
spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

artificial

Post by spinner »

I am definitely an avid user of artificial baits.The only time I would consider live bait would be on a fishing trip where nothing would take an artificial and others were loading their boats using live bait or when out fishing with children.
One of the main reason I like artificials is that I think it adds to the challenge while keeping me active while on the water.There is nothing better to me than a day on the water throwing some artificals to the bass.On top of that,when the bite is on there is nothing more exciting than the topwater action to be had with artificials.***c'mon summer!!!***

Thank you for the replies so far.It seems the majority are now using artificals a very high percentage of the time.
Let's hear from the rest of you--at least with a vote as it only takes a second.
Thank you and
Great fishin' to everyone.
spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

to date

Post by spinner »

I guess the results that we've had in the poll are not a huge surprise but it sure indicates how much artificials and especially rubber/plastic baits have grown in popularity over the years.I doubt that a poll done 10,20 or 30 years ago would have produced as high a percentage using artificials 95 to 100% of the time.

poll to date - 83 % use artificials 95-100% of the time
spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

update

Post by spinner »

here is an update as of 5pm jan 29

Approximately what percentage of time do you use artificials when fishing for Bass?
90 to 100% -- 82%

75% -- 5%

50% -- 0%

25% -- 5%

Less than 10% -- 5%