My first muskie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

My first muskie

Post by Badger Shark »

Hey guys, I wanted to post this report on Tuesday night but was waiting to figure out how to attatch a pic, cant get it to work and dont want to wait any longer.

So Tuesday morning I headed out with my buddy Hos( the best net man in the world for me :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I say that because he was with me when I caught a 7 lb walleye last year. Anyway we stopped at LeBarons to pick up a couple of things, the hortons and we were off.

I decided to head to(............) because this is where(............ ) took me last week to give me a few pointers, and its also a really nice place with really good looking spots.

We launched and immediately headed to a weed bed we had fished the previous week. We were there about 20 mins and I was casting topwater using of all things a zara spook (silver and blue) and something came up and took a swipe at it. I said to Hos "Did you see that?" He did. so I continued my retrieve and wham!! This time I was waiting for him and set the hook. At first I thought It was a pike but as I got it closer to the boat I could see that green tint and said " Its a muskie get the net!"
It wasnt a long fight but a good one and we boated her. Finally got my first muskie. I didnt want to have her out of the water to long so we got her off the hooks(she bit Hos :lol: ) Got a couple of pics and released her. Im not sure how big she was I mean you muskie fisherman would probably consider her to be a baby but she was my biggest fish of the year and my first ski so I was and still am extatic. The only prob is I cant post any of the pics for some reason. Piker posted it on the other post Cant post my pics, and the pic is in the gallery, so maybe someone can attatch it here.

Anyway I am hooked so I am going to be departing with alot more cash I guess because I need muskie equiptment now. :lol: Also if you see the pic maybe you experienced guys can tell me what you think its size was I know it was over 30 for sure.

Here's the pic:

Image :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Badger Shark on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Saw the pic......nice 'lunge dude! Congrats on yer first!! :)
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jebby »

luckey luckey i sill lookin for my 1st
Big-Ty
Participant
Participant

Post by Big-Ty »

Nice skie Badge!!

eddie43
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by eddie43 »

Awsome.....

It only takes one to get you hooked....

I havn't actually caught a musky yet myself, but when I was younger I
caught a 20lb northern, and since then I have been hooked on catching any and all large "toothy critters"

great stuff, now that you broke the ice, gotta aim for that 50" club
Peppino
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peppino »

Congratulations on your first musky! :D Quite the rush, heh! :P It only gets better! :wink:
Only real men snore!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

this is just great badger shark..........

yaaaaaaaa way to go bud.... :P

nice fish.........bring us more off those report....

joco
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Nice Musky-fish badger!

I can tell that you know have your sights set on a Musky-Shark.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Im definitely hooked, now I gotta buy new gear. If anyone out there has anything they want to sell and its in good condition let me know. Help I have another addiction!!!!! (..........) was right , once you catch one its all you think about. Now I gotta figure out how big that one was so I can top it. :lol: Any guesses?
Last edited by Badger Shark on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

A muskie virgin no longer. Congratulations.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

yep no longer
HogHunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HogHunter »

Congrats Man, nice lookin fish.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Badger Shark wrote: Now I gotta figure out how big that one was so I can top it. :lol: Any guesses?
I compared it to a 32 incher I got this summer and I figure somewhere around 34 inches........time to go for a 40 incher now lad!! :)
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Badger Shark...

Congrat's!!! I'm excited for you, because I know how it feels to get that "rush", and in this case of firsts SIZE DOESN'T MATTER! :lol: :wink:

Actually, that's a decent muskie, and I'd say it to be about 35". It looks bigger and heftier than my 31" tiger for sure.

Happy for ya, Badger Shark. Now if we were in a Derby, that would bring in some points for your team! 8)

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

P.S.: funny how massive & hefty the tails are on these muskies, even the younger ones -- look at it in comparison to his head.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.