Dr. Bruce Tufts

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Dr. Bruce Tufts

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Guy's and Gal's, just to let you know Dr. Bruce Tufts response to the 40 foot walleye dilema is on the thread now.

FYI.... the Dr. is not just a lab guy...he fishes summer and winter almost to excess when his schedule permits it. He also catches more than his fair share sometimes...usually when he fishes with me???.

Have a great weekend

BIG JIM
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Dr. Bruce Tufts

Post by eye-tracker »

Big Jim wrote:Hey Guy's and Gal's, just to let you know Dr. Bruce Tufts response to the 40 foot walleye dilema is on the thread now.

FYI.... the Dr. is not just a lab guy...he fishes summer and winter almost to excess when his schedule permits it. He also catches more than his fair share sometimes...usually when he fishes with me???.

Have a great weekend

BIG JIM
Thanks again Big Jim for providing the fishing community with some important information. I would also like to thank Dr. Bruce Tufts for sharing some of his research information, I look forward to reading his completed research.
Often scholars research work goes unnoticed by the general public, but I am sure many will have a vested interest in his research teams results. This is important information for recreational anglers, tournament anglers/organizations and the fish.

-sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Weeder
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Weeder »

This is good stuff, and thanks for the participation from Big Jim and the Dr., but a 40 foot walleye???? No way....4 feet, maybe? 40 feet, no, not on this planet!

Peter
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Yike's

Post by Big Jim »

That 40 footer was from the U.S. side of Lake Ontario and was weighed on the Canadian side...so with the exchange rate....it becomes just under 4 feet....brilliant observation Peter...

LARGE~~~~~~~~~~~~out'
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Geez, when I first read this I said to mysef...."Self...why is Weeder questioning a walleye pulled from a depth of 40ft? I've even caught walleye at that depth."

Now I get it.... :oops: Weeder made a funny, and Jim backed it up with another quick funny response. :D

Just goes to show you I guess how words can often be read out of context if one doesn't see the true meaning behind them. A lesson for everyone who ever frequents boards.

Cool, I learn so much everyday. :D
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Wow, sounds like a good thesis topic in linguistics. :lol:

-s
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Weeder wrote:This is good stuff, and thanks for the participation from Big Jim and the Dr., but a 40 foot walleye???? No way....4 feet, maybe? 40 feet, no, not on this planet!

Peter
Would you believe an orange and black 4 foot traffic pylon from 20 feet? :lol:

At least that's what I saw one fella catch Sunday morning... oh wait a second - that was you, Weeder!

Thanks Jim and Dr. Bruce.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
muskymike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by muskymike »

Hey I know DR> Bruce used to fish under the Dunbar Bridge with Big Jim in the 6o's