Nov19 small update hardwater weekend adventure

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

My buddy and I were planning a trip to this place this year so maybe we will see when this proposed idea works and we will rent it for that time..I say we go ahead and do this.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
ynot
Participant
Participant

Post by ynot »

If you get a date and location hammered out,keep me in mind.

Cheers,
Tony
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

I have done the bungalow trip many times and it is the way to go.
A lot of the owners will let you come in Sunday afternoon and stay until Wednesday noon for the same price as a weekend. They are not as busy during the week and like the business. An extra day is great.
Norm
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Hey Bear that's one heck of a GREAT Idea. How about lake Nipissississississississing out witha guy called Rob Hyatt. Bottomfeeder knows him pretty well, and we could have a fantastic time or go a little further north and hit Lake Temagami for lakers and pike and eyes.
Anyway count me in, My place of work will have to do without me that weekend. i can see that little fishy coming up on the vex and he has my name on him.
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

wow guys I see a fair amount of interest for sure, i'll work on checking out a few places and details and see from there.

Manny the biggest concern with quinte or simco are ice conditions

the big derby on simco was cancelled last year if I heard right :? and read a couple post last year of one of guys I think from this board had a very close call on very thin ice

Thanx for the input guy's .... guess I got a project :lol: :lol:

Bear
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Slight update and question
Got some feed back from some operators on Nipissing, and they all say to book soon :!: :!:

I know right now with a few buds from the board and work I can fill a six man now :lol:
The weekend I have in mind is feb 16-17-18, most do weekend booking from noon friday till noon sunday. That being said all you guy's on the fence have feb 14 (valentines day) too suck up big time :lol: :lol: , but i;ll need to know well in advance of that!

most places run about $150.00 to $175.00 per person and gst, food, and of course you favorite beverage are extra's.

let me know if this date works for anyone that may be interested
Bear
Kenny
Participant
Participant

Post by Kenny »

Dates look good for me, will clear it with CEO and chief financal officer and count me in. Will confirm by Monday. When will you know if this is a serious go? and actually book, wouldn't mind meeting those who plan to go.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I will ask my buddy if these times are good with him...I think this is doable though...O yeah need to talk to the wife as well.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

I will have to find another time to go, oh well :( :( Maybe hook up another time.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I just came back from the deer camp I'm interested in this for sure let me know when and where!!!!!!!!!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

going to make a few calls this weekend ...... get some more details worked out ...... should have things worked out soon

Bear
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

Here's an idea.

Once the Ice is safe (all the locals have stopped breaking through) everybody, leave at 3:00 AM.
Drive to North Bay, ON.
By now it's probably 7:30 AM.
Drive down to the lake. You do not have to be there too early. Most days the fish bite intermittently througout the day.

There'll be a road heading out on the lake.
Just drive those SUVs, and Trucks onna ice, (round em' up, Cowboy!) and follow the road, and you'll see where everyone else is fishing.
Set up about decoy range or greater away from some other likely looking place. Sometimes the fishing pressure from the other gang moves the fish to where you are set-up!

It's no big deal.

You don't really need a guide. Just a map, and maybe one among you that's been there before (like me).
Think of the money you'd save.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

Great idea Paul, but where would everyone sleep for 2 nights.Its cold out there with no hut around my butt.
Norm
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

Well, you know.. you just google upt the motel/hotel (Holiday Inn) in the area and book your accommodations. You've done that b4 I'm sure.

If everyone just finds their own accommodations, and get down to the lake, you can drive your truck, you know, it's almost like a paved hiway, with the occasional crack crossing.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

I prefer to stay in a bungalow. It's winter camping. I have used the bungalows many times over the years and with a bunch of folk it is a lot of fun. With the bungalow you can drink your face off if you choose and not have to worry about driving.
My opinion
Norm