MUSKY BAITS NEED HELPPPPPP

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MyButt
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

MUSKY BAITS NEED HELPPPPPP

Post by MyButt »

Deleted topic
Last edited by MyButt on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Well if cost is not an issue, check out www.muskysnax.com he's got some crazy lookin stuff... a lil too pricey for my likings though :wink: Otherwise Swim Whizz', weighted suicks or bobbie baits, jakes and believer's and big bucktails with the ability to slow roll... the thing is I'd say It's more about location than lure... but I'm just a newbie :wink: :P

Hope this helps

Rich
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

personaly.........i do like a lot....jakes.firertiger color..or black green strip on it,,,,,orange...all jakes........

beleiver..................jale bird color(yellow/black strip)....or i got my personal best on a swim whiz,red/white.or firertiger

spinnerbait,frome fudaly........or frome local guys..... :wink:

toprider.........one or two prop........i got some nice fish on those.,,,even good size walleye.... :wink:

there so mutch deferent lures to try....... :?

joco
bait girl
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Muskie Baits

Post by bait girl »

I think the best Muskie Baits are the ones that are made right here in the valley. The young baits are great and the cost is very reasonable, every Muskie fisherman and woman who has tried them has been very impressed!!!

You can get them at local bait and tackle stores.

Manotick Bait /Fishing and Hunting & Bits & Baits sell them

Try them you be glad you did!!!!!

Bait Girl :wink:
MuskieStalker1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieStalker1 »

The best muskie Bait is the one that brings you confidence . My personal favroites would be the Hughes river hughie 8in , this is a true glide bait , With a awsome sub surface side to side . After each twich let the line slack this will cause the bait to slide 2ft+ side to side counting it down is easy the slightist twich of the rod . trolling baits i would recomend the Woodie thumper for the 5-15foot range ( large wooden muskie plug made in canada by G unis ) the other would be the 10inc and 13 in belever , these you can work the 15-30 foot range bouncing bottom off deep points and humps . And these are available in straight and jointed . the jointed can double as top water bait slow slow retreve . last would be bucktails inline and safty pin style .My recomendation would be check out a muskies canada meeting there are a tone of awsome bucktail tyiers in our club. This way you get the color and style that best suits you
I hope this helps
Kert Lavigne
Muskie Stalker
:wink: :lol:
Kenny
Participant
Participant

Post by Kenny »

Try Rollie & Helens Musky Shop. They break down the lures by category such as Surface, Crank, Jerk etc... and have starter packs designed for water types with between 6 and 12 lures with their colour combination recommendations. Myself I like the Bucher Line up. I do have a list of the top 25 musky lures. Some are hard to find, but with the internet it should not take long to find them if still produced. It cost me around $500.00 to assembly it a few years ago, but it appears prices are coming down.

The best time to go fishing is any time you can, I currently have become a good night stalker, since work and family take all the daylight hours, I have been mainly using surface baits through the night. So if you want to know about surface baits, I would be glad to help there.
MyButt
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Musky Lures

Post by MyButt »

Deleted topic
Last edited by MyButt on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

If there is such a thing, it will be different for different people, however, most of the popular ones are popular for a reason, Swin wiz, Fudally,
Hughes River ($$$$$), Believer, Jake, Granma etc etc. No one has mentioned the Bull Dawgs, but for this time of year, they are great for jigging down deep.

I don't know Toronto but if you can make it over to Belleville and see Stacy Ash at pro-musky tackle, it will not be a trip in vain - nice guy, very knowledgeable and a great little store devoted to the art of Musky madness. See his website for directions:

www.protacklemuskyshop.com
MyButt
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

baits

Post by MyButt »

Deleted topic
Last edited by MyButt on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

MyButt, you must be able to get a good discount being a tackle shop owner, might as well get your buddy a tackle box full and make his birthday that much better! :D

bucket
MyButt
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by MyButt »

Well to be honest I could if I bought in bulk, but I only wanted a few, and were not really set up for musky, so this is why I asked.

My buddy Drew thats his life Musky, Musky and more musky, you can see his pic's posted on my site on the "Fishig Hole Link" he is the guy along the top.

Maybe someday we will sell Musky baits, but I dono I have never had anyone even ask if we sell um.

Cheers my friend.

MyButt