2007 Ontario fishing regulations Delayed

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

2007 Ontario fishing regulations Delayed

Post by Superdad »

Got this item from Realfishing.com.

2007 Ontario Fishing Regulations Delayed

Anglers in Ontario should continue to follow the 2005-2006 Fishing Regulations until the 2007-2008 Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations are released, Natural Resources Minister David Ramsay said today.

“Anglers should keep their copy of the 2005-2006 Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary and continue to follow those rules,” said Ramsay. “We have been working on significant changes to the fishing regulations, but they will not be in place by January 1, 2007.”

Federal approval of the new fishing regulations is still pending. Anglers will be advised when the new regulations have been finalized through the news media and the Ministry of Natural Resources website. In the interim, the current regulations will remain in effect and anglers should continue to follow the 2005-2006 Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary until further notice.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

good. it'll save me a headache.
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

Kinda makes you wonder, don't it?
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

I just think that alot of what they were proposing is just change for the sake of change...
fishboch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishboch »

I was wondering how they were going to get this done in time seeing that the new season is less than a month away and the new books should have been out months ago. They're proposing some pretty drastic changes and it's going to take time to get all the different municipalities on board. They haven't even figured out what the new seasons and limits for walleye will be yet. They have lots of ideas but obviously not everyone is agreeing with them. I like the fact that they're thinking of keeping the season open year round for stocked trout lakes since those are the only ones we know about. Most of these are usually fished out before the fall anyways. Some of these lakes may have a natural population though that could take a hit. It will be nice to combne a weekend of hunting and fishing later into the fall. The new zone boundaries will take a bit of getting used to though. If you haven't checked them out yet you should have a look. It's going to be a little confusing at first, especially if they implement it in the middle of the year now.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/mnr/fishing/fm ... nes_s.html
YakAttack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by YakAttack »

I wonder if my 2006 license will still be good until the new regulations are published :wink:
S.M.05
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by S.M.05 »

I think the new regs are half fast. Lazy possibly. I think they should keep the smaller zones in order to properly control the impact on species in different areas. Some areas only a few kilo. apart can receive a significantly different amount of fishing. While you can list these lakes under the exceptions and special restrictions area do you really want to search through huge listings of lakes because of the size of the zones. Just my thoughts and couple others I have heard. Though I do like some of the rules on stocked lakes and no ice fishing on the natural brook trout lakes. All this is said off course without seeing a hard copy.