Darryl Cronzy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
sorry about that chief
Participant
Participant

Post by sorry about that chief »

Those replies were classic.. You guys made me laugh so hard it's not even funny... But you know what... It's true, you never change the chanel when he's on.. Kinda like a car wreck.. You just gotta slow down and take a look.. Hey, if you wanna see some funny stuff, check out the chez 106 site under Carley and Jeff.. Scrole down to the Bill Dance bloopers.. Hilarious.. By the way the Musky recipies blew my mind.. At first I thought you were kidding.. Funny but a little sad at the same time.. Hey, there are a lot less Cronzy's in the world then there were 10 or 20 years ago.. Thank god..
Lookinforlunkers
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lookinforlunkers »

That would be the same show that they were torpedoing muskies back into lake saint clair. I had planned on doing a charter there sometime, but not if this is common practice. The capitian said they would turn around and come back to fish that didnèt go down. I find it hard to beleive that you could keep track of where the fish lie dieing, trying to make a circle with 100 feet of planer board out each side and down riggers. We have tried to find hats (bright coloured hats) in open water before with just down riggers down with no luck.

I dunno just my opinion
esoxseeker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by esoxseeker »

Thank god he can"t make his famous Couchiching muskellunge fillets for at least the next 10 years because of a restocking program taking place here. Probably be the most expensive shore lunch he ever had if he got caught.
Ben Daniels
Participant
Participant

dads

Post by Ben Daniels »

I feel bad for Cronzy, hes not perfect like most of you guys..... :lol:
g unis
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

chronzy

Post by g unis »

most guys really care. i think old school cronzy got a free ride with drifter. he really should get out more. muskies do taste awfull and as stated the bigguns are glow in the dark fish.. theres 1 fellow called can-am charters. i have seen pictures of this guide in the water with a lifejacket on reviving a fish prematurely let go from another boat. the drifters and chronzeys are dinosars in the industry. times have changed.
Lookinforlunkers
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lookinforlunkers »

Thanx for renewing my faith g-unis, if I decide to make the journey I will be lookin up the fellow from Cam-am
carp-starter
Participant
Participant

Post by carp-starter »

Lunker Larry
“Chronzys motto - fillet and release!!”

If I am allowed, I would like to suggest a different motto instead of “fillet and release” – “catch and fillet”.

Esoxseeker

“Thank god he can"t make his famous Couchiching muskellunge fillets for at least the next 10 years because of a restocking program taking place here. Probably be the most expensive shore lunch he ever had if he got caught.”

esoxseeker, see the couch muskie recipe below. I took a digital image of the recipe. It sure would be expensive. I have also included the Penatan Stuffed Lunge recipe – requires a 5 pound muskie – a lot of inches. Two other recipes in the cookbook require 4 pounds of FILLETS – WOW – lots of inches.

sorry about that chief
“By the way the Musky recipes blew my mind.. At first I thought you were kidding.. Funny but a little sad at the same time.. Hey, there are a lot less Cronzy's in the world then there were 10 or 20 years ago.. Thank god..”

chief, I was not kidding about the recipes – see the documentation from Chapter’s and PICS.

I am not certain if there are less Cronzy’s in the world. People like to fish and they also like to eat fish. With the price of fish today – around 8 bucks and up per pound – why would people not keep legal fish?

In my opinion, I believe that illegal fishing has gone up. When I just go to take look at a stream during the salmon and steelhead season, I say to myself on the way to the creek/river– how many poachers will I see. It is a dime a dozen. It is sad to see a parent trying to snag a fish while his 5 or 6 year old kid is right beside him, watching. I guess it is “on the job” training in becoming a future poacher. I live in the Toronto GTA. Come here in season and see what goes on here. You would not believe it.

Carp-starter

Information found on the Chapter’s site

Secret Recipes from a Canadian Fishing Guide
Author: Darryl Choronzey
Published: January 22, 1999
ISBN: 0873417267
Published By: Krause Publications
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/ite ... ey+-+Books
It is “Sold Out”

Search Results for Used, Rare & Out of Print Books
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/usedbooks ... +Choronzey

Anglers Only Cookbook (my recipes came out of this book)
Author: Choronzey, Darryl
ISBN: 0921949022
Published By: UNSPECIFIED VENDOR
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/usedbooks ... y+Cookbook

baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Dont know if anybody see Darryl show this weekend about rainbow trout around Manitoulin Island when he had just caught another rainbow trout he said will keep it for lunch when he open is cooler the cooler was almost fulled of rainbow. Im shured they where over the limits. I know a lot of you guys keep fish for lunch sometime like I do but at least I follow the limits. I think thats give him a bad reputation. Thank god Bob Izumy is still on tv thats by far my favourite fishing show.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Like I mentioned in the torpedo'ing thread and Mr. Bunk added here. Don't the regs state, if the fish won't survive....etc?

Not in favour of Chronzy, he actually gives flakes a bad name but...I think most anglers with any decent experience have a pretty reasonable idea if the fish will make it or not.

It's a good point about the larger sized fish having greater and possibly dangerous amounts of mercury, etc. in them and not always safe for consumption but by the same tolkien, it's a sad waste to chuck a fish back, knowing it'll perish simply because it's a lunge.

That, in my humble opinion would be the greatest waste and disrespect of a fish, the species and the fishery.
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

I am not sure whats worse the book or the fact that I got it as an xmas gift last year!!!

who's coming over for dinner? :lol:
Caseys Dream
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Caseys Dream »

baz fish wrote:Dont know if anybody see Darryl show this weekend about rainbow trout around Manitoulin Island when he had just caught another rainbow trout he said will keep it for lunch when he open is cooler the cooler was almost fulled of rainbow. Im shured they where over the limits. I know a lot of you guys keep fish for lunch sometime like I do but at least I follow the limits. I think thats give him a bad reputation. Thank god Bob Izumy is still on tv thats by far my favourite fishing show.
Cronzy will have 4 guys on the boat, each with a valid license, so many times a "full" cooler is still a legal cooler. Implying that Cronzy is poaching over his limit is unfounded and dangerous.

Also, last time I checked, an angler gets to keep one musky in possesion. I realize that many people think this is a sacred fish, but it is not, it's only a musky, and if some people find them tasty, then they can eat till their head caves in as long as they are legal. Sacred my aarse. Way too many catch and releasers out there with a halo over their heads may actually be doing more damage to fish then they think, aka fizzing, torpedoing, etc. Not that all C&R'ers are doing damage, but neither are all people who choose to eat their legal catch.
grumpy7790
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Darryl Cronzy

Post by grumpy7790 »

The guy is a big dope.

Invites a Taxidermy buddy (he's looking for free mounts from) to his his private lake and says no one can eat any fish except stocked rainbows from his lake. In the mean time he'll eat the last fish left from any other fishery.

Then there was the rock throwing thing where he recommended that people throw rocks at anglers who fish around their docks.

G
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by High Noon »

Grumpy 7790 you said it all. My favourite show is Fishful Thinking with Charlie Wray. I always seem to learn something from him. Bob Izumi would be a close second.
Gravelguy4
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gravelguy4 »

There is something about Cronzy that drives me crazy. He does mention "shore lunch" a lot on his show and i don't think he spends much time teaching anything about angling.

atleast its another chance to watch fishing when i can't be out there.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Keith
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

KPin and Caseys Dream.
No problem keeping a fish if it is within the law. But if the fish is not in season, legal length or a species allowed by your license, it has to go back, dead or dying, it doesn't matter. By law, you cannot have it in your posession.