Darryl Cronzy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
sorry about that chief
Participant
Participant

Darryl Cronzy

Post by sorry about that chief »

Has this guy completely lost his mind? Now we all know this gluton will eat anything.. bass, carp, and who knows how many walleye this guy has consumed.. (Hey, I like walleye too.. but you can put one back once in a while).. But a couple of weeks ago I swear I heard him say that Musky taste great.. Musky!! What kind of guy encourages the eating of Musky? Now, last week.. I'm sure some of you saw it.. He had a nice walleye on and a big pike hit it.. Really wild.. Eventually the pike spits his walleye and he lands it.. His walleye is a liitle beat up.. It will most likely die if put back.. Cronzy looks at it and says.. "Well, I ain't eating this after the pike had it"... He was gonna throw it back and let it die rather than eat it cause a pike hit it.. Thank god the guy he was fishing with said he'd eat it.. Cronzy looked at him like he was crazy and said.. "alright.. ".... And don't even get me started on his mindless rants by the camp fire where god forbid anyone disagree with the great Darryl Cronzy.. What an idiot.. What happened to great shows like In-Fisherman.. That SOB taught me more about fishing in a half an hour than my old man did his entire life.. What a shame.. Oh, and have you caught fishin canada's new format.. Are they all on drugs all of a sudden?? What's going on?? I swear Pete Bowman is hi... And who's the new guy.. Well, I've ranted enough.. Maybe I'm just going stir crazy waiting for the hard water.. You guys take care and be safe out there this winter.. have a Merry Christmas too.. Yes, I said Merry Christmas... so sue me!
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:lol: I hear ya.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

LOL :lol: :lol: A little grouchy today are we :lol: :lol:
Cronzy is about 50 lures short of a tacklebox LOL

I heard the muskie eating thing and just had to laugh , give him one bit of credit ......he's pretty consistant at being a flake :lol: :lol:
BrettM
Participant
Participant

Post by BrettM »

The best part of Cronzy's shows are trying to guess how many times he mentions "shore lunch" in an episode. The numbers are staggering.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

God I love watching his show. Always great for some heavy laughter!
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

BBRich wrote:God I love watching his show. Always great for some heavy laughter!
Atta boy Rich :lol: :lol: much tamer than I expected from you , I know how big a fan you are of Cronzys LOL :lol: :lol:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

He sure has good job. Getting paid to be a *&$%%$ idiot.
Ben Daniels
Participant
Participant

yea

Post by Ben Daniels »

One of the only reasons I am fishing is because of Cronzy... when I was new to the sport i met Cronzy on a lake in northern ontario while he was filming a show, he stopped filming to chat with me and my dad, invited us to tag along and fish for a while with him, gave us some lures and taught us how to fish them. After I saw that first largemouth explode on a zara spook I was hooked for life. He turned what I thougth was a boring hobby of my dads into the love of my life.If he doesnt care about the future of fishing then I dont know who does..even if he does keep a few to many fish sometimes.I think Cronzy is great and has a really great personality compared to allot of the other tv fishing personalities and he truely does have love and passion for fishing.

STOP THE CRONZY BASHING!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

He can be a twit fo' show. But hey, if you foul hook a musky or tire the crap of it on a sweltering hot day, it's not reviving, and the regs say you could take it home for a muski-licious meal..............................
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Moosebunk wrote:He can be a twit fo' show. But hey, if you foul hook a musky or tire the crap of it on a sweltering hot day, it's not reviving, and the regs say you could take it home for a muski-licious meal..............................
MMMMMMM....muskie a la cart :lol: :lol:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

muskymatt wrote:
Moosebunk wrote:He can be a twit fo' show. But hey, if you foul hook a musky or tire the crap of it on a sweltering hot day, it's not reviving, and the regs say you could take it home for a muski-licious meal..............................
MMMMMMM....muskie a la cart :lol: :lol:
Now you're becoming more my kind of angler Matt. :lol:
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Next time your watching Fish'n Canada and Pete Bowmans on.......close your eyes and think Popeye. :lol:
carp-starter
Participant
Participant

Post by carp-starter »

So what can be new about Darryl? Muskies??????

How would you guys like the following – Yummy, yummy????

Bath Lunge and Beer Fry
Melody Bay Muskie Bake
Stoney Lake Muskie Fillets Over Coals
St. Lawrence Balled Musky
Penatanguishene Stuffed Lunge
Couchiching Muskellunge Fillets
Hungry Man’s Muskie Stew
Kawartha Musky in Beer
Stoney Lake Musky Special
Moira Lake Musky and Tomato
Ontario Fisherman Musky Stew
Madoc Musky Balls with Blue Cheese

Do any of the above muskie recipes excite you guys?

The above recipes came out of “The Angler’s Only Cookbook” by Darryl Choronzey.

It was printed in Canada in 1988 (my version) - ISBN 0-921949-02-2.

But tell me guys – how many of the fishermen are ethical fishermen?

Remember Henry and Italo who were find because of 3 offences while fishing (I believe it was 3).

On the TV fishing programs I think all talk about Catch and Release – except for Darryl. In his cookbook before anything was written, Darryl did have on one page the following – “Catch your limit – Limit your catch”. Ha, ha, I think Darryl has changed a lot since 1988.

But do the remaining guys believe in C & R? It does look like it but. The people involved in taping a fishing program do have a shore lunch. How many people are involved in the production of a program? So much for C & R.

Many fishers talk about C & R before they hook a fish. But once they hook a fish, many forget about the “release” part in “Catch and Release.”

I wonder if Darryl has any new muskie recipes?

Just in case you guys are wondering, I have never fished for muskies. For anything that large, I would much more prefer to go striped bass surf fishing.

Carp-starter

Dec 18/06 - approx 11:00pm addition below

sorry about that chief, I am sorry that I forgot something about Merry Xmas ----

http://home.att.net/~mcp3_2000/_christmas/my/you.htm
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

BrettM wrote:The best part of Cronzy's shows are trying to guess how many times he mentions "shore lunch" in an episode. The numbers are staggering.
Or how many times he beaks off about clipping Adipose fins on Salmon. For the longest time I really thought the only reason he had a show was to get free trips to BC to complain about Salmon fins.

It is still not a bad show.

Hey at least we have not seen the Dime Bag guys for a while. Man that was an anoying show
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

The fact muskie of that size are stated to be "TOXIC" by the mnr with warnings that women of child bearing age should not eat them is probably a good hint that maybe you should pass on the meal. Chronzys motto - fillet and release!!