QC smallies

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

QC smallies

Post by Carl »

Well headed up to a little lake that we fish for winter bass.

What a slow day...

Started with a buddy loosing his QC licence so have to wait for a store to open before we can head out.

Finally hit the ice and walk for 30min to our spot once we made sure the ice was good. Drilled a bunch of wholes over our spot and started jigging.

Took some time but finally caught some fish. Out of the three of us only one guy caught the fish... He caught 3 and we caught none, he's no longer welcomed to join us now :D That is until he removes that horsehoe up his...

All I caught was bottom a few times and some funky rock / wood formations. Was I happy when it hit! Fish ON! Figured it was a perch until it came out of water :cry:

Hit the Chinese buffet for lunch and headed to the Ottawa river for some walleye night action... This time I caught something but who really counts a 12 inch sauger :wink:

It was nice to finally hit the ice though.

I figure the bass will be more concentrated in another month... so next bass outing will be in March.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Carlco,

sorry about the poor results, but I'm sure you'll be on them the next time out. Still fun to be fishing, anyway!

W.