KPIN Ice Derby delivers success in the fight against cancer

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Dan, let me just say, this wasn't an "official" Fishhawk event. That in itself says alot. What I mean by that is... Bobber stepped up and dedicated an incredible amount of time to help with the committee. Fishhawk kindly promoted the event and asked nothing in return and also allowed the organizing committee the ability to communicate via the site for our convienience. Oziles didn't ask for a cent in regard to using the area, electricity, etc.

I'm not sure where this is all coming from but I feel that anyone that helped to sponsor the derby deserved advertising at the very least, in thanks for helping a good cause. That is the very least we can do for the generous donations, etc.

Regardless of what is said or complaints, you will always hear. I think, considering we are a small group of anglers, we ALL did an amazing job to raise funds for a good cause. The fact the event was the first, simply resounds my words.

Again, I'm unsure about what prompted the post but I again say we as a whole, should be proud of ourselves.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I just brought up this point about Ozile's because the place was bashed on in a couple of postings today about the Derby. That's all!!!!!
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Wally Boss, I understand where you are coming from and where everyone else is coming from. Statements are made from observations and everyone has a different perspective on what they saw. Myself included, sometimes like you I say things in the heat of the moment then think back about it and it came out the wrong way but its usually to late. Lets just put this issue to bed and move on and celebrate what turned out to be a terrific day. And by the way nice freaking eye you got the day after! Too bad. And if in the future you observe someone for sure breaking the rules let us know.

Don
Oziles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Oziles »

Check out the review on www.orleansonline.ca

Great publicity! Anyone know when the A-Channel with Big Jim will be on? Anyone get JP on tape?

Yves
Badger Bait
Participant
Participant

Post by Badger Bait »

Great publicity? I don't think the guy had his facts straight. He didn't talk to any other committee members, seems like he didn't even want to! :evil:
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Kelly from the Cancer society taped it for me. I will get the tape later on this week
Thanks
JP
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

well done

Post by jazman »

well done guys.

excellent community effort, you should be proud.

2 thoughts which have floated for some time...

1. next year - get it tied to winterlude. i have some connections (as i am sure others do) and this is an IDEAL event for the lude organizers to want to promote.

2. Corp sponsor to match public donations, once 1. is achieved this will be much simpler to accomplish.

happy to help if i can, good luck.

kpin - thoughts are with you. i recently reread "it is not about the bike" by lance for the 10th time, i think i get it as much as someone can who has not endured.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Congratulations to all involved in organizing and helping out. Clearly you did an outstanding job - the proof is in the pudding.

It was great to meet all those whom I met as I did my Petrie walk-about. Man, that is a long walk out to the end of the shacks. Thank goodness Poozie, Demo, Fat rap and Mick were out there with some burgers and dogs or I don't think I would have made it back to the point where Bobber finally picked me up on the 4-wheeler. I thought I was going to become an ice-out navigation hazard on the River! :roll:

Again - outstanding effort for a great cause.

Kpin - take care.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Thanks Mike, I'm looking forward to seeing all the pics and reliving the event, I so wanted to be there for every minute of but was unable.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

joco wrote:little update here.

this is for the people that did won the derby.

names was a bit mix up...same name better writhing i hope... :oops:

bobber did have a hard time to read my board...and i do beleive him i have hard time to read it to,,,, :roll: :lol: .

first place ...PIKE... mark macey.............AKA ICEMAN..30.5inch

second place....pike... DON CHAMPAGNE..28 inch

first place...walleye... BILL BRATT....AKA ERIE-EYES...19.75inch

seconde place...walleye...ERIC RILEY...AKA...THE FISHSTICK.....19.5inch
Oops, sorry about that. It's fixed now in both places. Too many names, too small a brain. :lol:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Bobber wrote: Too many names, too small a brain. :lol:
:lol: At least your on the right track Rob :lol: :lol: