KPIN Ice Derby delivers success in the fight against cancer

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

KPIN Ice Derby delivers success in the fight against cancer

Post by Bobber »

We couldn't have asked for a better day than we had today. Everything came together well, everyone had fun, and the amount of money raised for the cause was fantastic.

Thank you to all who could make the event and participate. We met a lot of new friends today and hope to see them all again soon.

In total, the derby raised over $3,600. A truly phenominal total for a day of fishing.

The winners of the Competitive Derby, with fish size were.....
1st Place Walleye @ 19.75 inches - Bill Bratt (Erie-Eyes)
2nd Place Walleye @19.5 inches - Eric Riley (The Fishstick)

A close race indeed.

1st Place Pike @ 30.5 inches - Mark Macey (Iceman)
2nd Place Pike @ 28 inches - Don Champagne

In total, throught the generosity of the many supporters of the event, we totaled a whopping $7,000+ in prizes and giveaways. Thank you to all. We couldn't have done it without your support.

Follow reports and pictures will be made available over the next couple of weeks.

Thank you as well to all the volunteers who showed up today to help out. Fantastic time folks, and congratulations.

Cheers,
Last edited by Bobber on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
TheFishstick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TheFishstick »

What an unbelievable day on the ice for a great cause!

p.s. its Riley not Realy :p
legend151
Participant
Participant

Great day on the ice!

Post by legend151 »

:D WOW, what a great day on the ice! It's the first Fish Hawk event I've been able to attend, and I can't wait until the next one! I met a lot of great members today as well as having the chance to introduce my brother and niece to ice fishing. We could'nt have asked for a better venue to bring someone new into the sport. I'm happy to hear that so much money was raised for a great cause and I am proud to be one of the participants. Bobber and J.P. were really great to talk to. As for the "catch of the day" My brother got his first fish (walleye )through the ice, now he wants to go every weekend. Something tells me he will be the demise of many minnows.

Way to go Fish hawk!

Cheers,

Rick

legend 151
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

I have to say I am very proud to have been involved in pulling this off without a hitch. Guys we really came through for a terrific cause and what a fantastic day, it has made the over 36 hrs straight without sleep worth every second.

And a special thank you to all of you generous folks who donated to this cause and we hope you enjoyed the day.

Thanks to the people I was co-ordinating for not getting mad at me when I would ask them to do certain tasks! :lol: You guys did an outstanding job.

All in all everything was well executed and we raised a terrific amount for the first time.

Look forward to the next one, I definitely will volunteer my services again.

Oh and a special thanks to my wife who did the registration of everyone.

To Cara who stepped in and did a wonderful job working with Bear who also did a fantastic job today.

And Hoghunter with all the personal stuff you are dealing with right now you did a phenominal job Thank you.

JP you definitely put this derby on your back and did an amazing job at everything you were assigned.

Jackel, buddy you did a wonderful job everywhere you were needed and way to sell those 50/50 tickets ( $ 480.00 worth) with the prize being 240.00 dollars.

Joco, man what would we have done without you? You really came through with the measuring and keeping track, and helping me out with the prize organization, and other suggestions. You really know your stuff and I hope when we do this again you will help.

Yves, thank you very much for all you provide us today it was really a terrific set up and the cottage was a great place for the registration and dj stuff later in the day.

Bobber you really stepped up and provided us with the guidelines needed to follow, if we did not have that I dont think we would have been as successful as we were. And also the generosity of hosting us on this web site to promote the derby, without that it probably would not have happened, and to have your computer knowledge was very very welcome as I am pretty much useless when it comes to them.

And Almontefisher you really helped a tonne today as well and it was good to finally meet you, congrats on winning the coffe make.

Our good friend K-PIN I wish you were feeling better and could have stayed longer as you could have seen how generous people were today and how caring these people are. But your health is the most important thing here and at least you did see some of it. We definitely will do this again as it in my eyes was a total succes. And by the way stop hitting on my wife, jeez I walk in and shes giving you nice backrubs and fawning over you! Man you Italians have a way with women. :lol:

Also I would like to thank my two other friends who volunteered and did a phenominal job, Eric (Clown Worship) for doing a fantastic job as usual with the dj stuff.

And Brian for taking the pics throughout the day.

Ok I cant go on thanking people individually , I know I probably have forgotten someone here, please dont take offence, I thank all the vollunteers and everyone who attended.

Badger Very Tired Now, NEED SLEEP.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi fishstick......and other....sorry they try to read my writhing,,there could be some bad letters in some names..... :roll: :? :oops: :oops: .

my speeling (you no) :oops: :lol: :lol:

just one thing........thanks a buntch.

and i was very proud to work wit you all.

you are just a great buntch off fantastic people.

this is what its all about.
big jim.....again job well done,,,you the man ....you are so good at this,,,and all other fishing realated stuff....that is why he is sutch a role model for a lot off people...............thanks again to be there today.

bobber and badger,,,,well said guys.well said.

lets start for the next one i am ready....... :P

the next one will be bigger will get more prize biger prize etc...it will be one more great event . :P

they will be a littl get together ,,a little update on this past derby,,to see what can be done for the next one.. :wink: .

joco
Last edited by joco on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Like they said it earlier it was a great day today for the derby and I would like my self to thanks all the peoples ho put that derby together for the great job they make :D . It was my first fish-hawk event I participate and it would be my next one. As for the fishing side I was skunk but I was just there to have fun and fishing for a great cause.
TheFishstick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TheFishstick »

No worries Joco.

Ide like to thank everyone involved in the organization of this derby and everyone who so generously donated for such a great cause.

-Eric
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

I'm glad to hear that everything went well for this great cause :D

Being winter I get stuck working most nights and weekends :cry: So I don't get out much.

Bring on SUMMER :!:
Oziles
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks to all

Post by Oziles »

Gents,

Many Thanks to all. It was a great event which went off without a hitch (I think?) Sorry I was not able to mingle as much as I would've of like, store was non-stop almost all day. I was happy to help out where and when possible and am always available for similar events.

Looking forward to seeing all of you come back soon! Remember the Oziles derby March 3rd!

Cheers
Yves
www.oziles.com
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

I too would like to offer a BIG TIP OF THE HAT to everyone involved in setting up this tournament - you guys did a fantastic job, and the proof in the pudding as they say, is the fact that $3,600.00 was raised in honour of K-PIN. I sincerely hope his health improves as quickly as Spring is coming. I normally do not enter tournaments, but felt that this was for a very worthy cause, and was happy to participate even though I only got back into ice fishing last winter after meeting and talking to a few members of this board. As beginers luck would have it, I was fortunate enough to win the top Walleye prize. A special BIG THANK YOU to all sponsors - may everyone support you as much during the coming months as you have supported us. THANK YOU EVERYONE. Bill Bratt aka Erie-Eyes
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

congrats to everyone involved! wish I could of made it , my wife had a course for the day and the little one had a bad night sleep and was very grumpy...

Nice to see everyone come together for a great cause
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Congrats to all involved in organizing this successful event.

As promised a hat was passed around last night at our weekend get-away.

A cash donation of $170 on behalf of ReelBuddies.net is on its way.

RJ
Last edited by RJ on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OntheFly
Participant
Participant

Post by OntheFly »

I want to thank all the people involved for an outstanding effort on a very successful tournament. I met some wonderful people and had a lot of fun.

I brought my son along and he caught his first sturgeon. A beautiful 6lb specimen. It surprised the both of us when we saw the barbles poking through the hole.

Hats off to all and I hope Kpin makes a full recovery.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

All of you involved have to be proud of the way it turned out, splendid job guys and gals :D
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

thanks a lot R.J.

wow.160$ is just great. :P ...all for a great cause.. :wink:

hope to see you all to the next one..next winter.

i am ready to do a 2008 kpin derby...... :P .

joco.