Window shopping on the Mississippi........

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Window shopping on the Mississippi........

Post by slop »

Here's Ratsotail taking a long hard look at the fish that he one day hopes to catch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're doing it all wrong!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not much to report other than some runty perch....great weather and shootin' da breeze with some of the locals. Great day out there!!
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Love that clear ice.

A day out fishing without fish still beats a day at work thinking of fishing :wink: .
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I tought that ratsotail had a few too many at lunch. And that he had slipped on that clear ice.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

"Window Shopping..." :lol: that got my curiosity aroused!

For a second, when I looked at the 1st pic, I thought his head was UNDER the water. Then he'd REALLY be nutty. :lol: (He kind of looks decapitated, though -- !)

Did ya see much Ratsotail?

W.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

That looks pretty funny if I do say so myself. If I could photoshop a few cartoon text balloons into the photos I guess it'd read something like this, "Helloooooo down there.....anybody home....why won't you bite today?"!

Didn't see what I was looking for Wolfe!

Oh well, the things you do on slow days. It was a great opportunity to inspect the underwater environment being without aqua view camera. Tall weeds rising to the surface and the tops were frozen in time in the ice. The current moving the weeds back and forth. I was hoping to see some signs of life around some green weeds guessing the fish might be close by...but no cigar. So much for my hypothesis, eh!

Pretty funny Slop...Do you have a picture of that crazy dog that came out onto the ice to check us out (also read as stalk us)? That dog had to be part coyote or something... :shock: :shock:

Tight Lines,

ratsotail
Blaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Blaker »

lol :lol: a camera would be better
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

:) Hey ratso - super clear ice is pretty wild. It freaks me out when you see cracks forming right below your feet.

Regarding the thought balloon, "The beer you are looking for is to your left" might also be appropriate!
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

hey ratso, good thing you don't have a beard :lol: :lol: imagine it freezing to the ice while you're spying out the fish :shock: :lol: