Terminal Connections

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

How do you attach your line to your terminal tackle?

I'm Lazy = Snap Swivel
41%
I'm a Die Hard = Tie Directly to Main Line
41%
I'm Fancy = Tie Leader Directly to Tackle with a Barrel Swivel between Leader and Main Line
10%
I'm an Idiot = You can Tackle in fishing???
7%

Total votes: 29

gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

wolfe wrote:K -

Honestly speaking, I am somewhere between choices #1 and #2. That makes me a "lazy diehard".

Seriously, depending on the time I've got and the value / action of the lure I'll be presenting, it could be either one.

While on the subject of honesty, my knots STINK.

W.
Hmm I'm a multi-rod fisherperson so often use all of the above but mostly direct tie. Oh, by the way I think I had a wiff of a couple of your knots last year :P :P :lol: :wink:
Life goes on
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

fish both #1 and #2. I like the suggestion by Eyetracker and Markus. I'll have to try that method for Walleye this spring, but one question though, is flourocarbon necessary in really stained waters?
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Moosebunk,

I really don't know the answer to your question, but here's what I witnessed this past fall shore fishing steelehead.

Myself and Jammer used nothing "but" flurocarbon leaders on our slip sinker rigs. We fished with approx 10-15 other regular locals. We out fished them easily 20-1 and had plenty more hits. Now when guys are lined up with the same set ups fishing the same way, there's only 2 things that can cause this. Roe quality or the presentation at the bait. We fished clear to chocolate milk conditions and were never disapointed.

Everyone thought we had a horseshoe up our butt, but I honestly believe it was the flurocarbon.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Markus,

Sold me. Can't hurt to try it. We all know how finicky the Eyes can be at times and so anything that might help put a few extra fillets in the pan on those days where even one fish can be hard to come by is worth a riggin. Maybe it'll be so effective even I'll catch a few Steelies on the Moose.LOL Now that'd be some presentation :)