Quick panfish outing..

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Quick panfish outing..

Post by Tip-up »

Only was able to dish out about an 1 hour worth of fishing today. Found a few small fish in the back bays and ponds of the Ottawa River. I had to be at a family supper at 5 so Anthony and I could only stay the few minutes we were walking the dog. Sunfish and bluegill bite was pretty consistent the whole time while the crappie were not hugging the shore and foraging for prey a bit deeper. They were a bit harder to get. Caught 2 around the 9'' range so far. Anthony reared a beauty first spring slab at 12''. T.H.E. Jig worked awesome :!: The slow drop of it drives them nuts. My good camera was at my dads place so I had to opt with the ol' Kodak. Snapped a few quick ones for you guys and gals. Shots were surprisingly not too bad with the 8 year old camera :o

I have a good plan set for tomorrow :twisted:

-Andrew
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

Way to go Tip up.
I'm glad to see you back on the water .
Your fishing with power now!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

You got that right Keith :wink:

It was freezing down there yesterday...Could have been another reason for the slow crappie bite. Wind was VERY strong and chilly :x

Today should be a bit nicer :)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Thanks for all the great replies...

Its just funny to see how many replies you receive after hundreds of people have viewed your thread :shock: Thinks it's time to do a bit less posting and try to take in as much information as possible because it seems that's what everyones doing :roll: The ''viewers'' want to see more bickering and here more arguing than to see reports I take the time to write-up...So, that is what you will get.

I have been on a rant the past couple of months :lol: ..Sorry. Have already seen the effects of many more members leaving :cry: I have my reasons as well.

Myself will be leaving for a bit beacause of a few reasons but will be back. I Will try to stay informed to not miss some great posts that are added to the list of archives everyday. I have a bond with a lot of members here and would hate to loose it. Won't forget to put out my reply's to ya's :wink: You can get me at Catch-n.com or Fishin-canada.net where I invite you to join if you would like. Two places you can expect never to catch see nor be apart of arguments..More talk about fishing.

My inbox is empty as well guys :wink:

Talk to ya's l8ter :wink:

Good fishin'

-Tip-up-
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Now don't take this as a dig or anything. But you have to first think of why you are posting a report.

Are you doing it to recall your own outings at a later date?

Are you doing it for other's to enjoy?

Or are you doing it for a "pat on the back"?

So if you are doing for either of the first two reason's, than who cares if you get any replies or not. You chose to share your story, and I'm sure many people read and enjoyed it. So either way, the objective of the first two reasons has been met.

Now if your doing it for a pat on the back, or praise from other's, or you want lots of replies, than I guess your out of luck on this one.

Tip-up your reports are great, and I'm sure many people enjoy them, and you USUALLY do get the pat on the back that you seem to be looking for. But for some reason, this one did not get the replies your reports usually do. If I were you, I wouldn't get so worked up about it.

And I do believe if your posting reports for a "pat on the back", your not doing it for the right reason's.

Those are just my two cents, and I'm I recall you getting upset in the past cause your reports didn't receive any comments. Take it. That's life.

If you look back through all the reports from members who really don't post a lot, check the replies they have generated. Hardly any, even though there are some great catches and stories. For instance this little report which is packed full of excellent tips, received 140 views and only two replies. http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=24602

"That's just the way she goes"

Jeez man your not gonna make through life if you get worked up over crap like this on the internet..

Now don't take this post the wrong way. I enjoy your reports, I read them, I just rarely comment.

I don't post reports for numerous reason's, one being I'm not looking for a pat on the back. I pat myself on the back after every trip. That's all I need.

Wow I can't even believe I wrote this much.

Anyway nice report, and congrats!
Don't let this virtual world get you so worked up...

P.S. If anyone feels I am out of line, or should remove this post.. Feel free to tell me. And if anyone jumps down my throat.. GIT-R-Done.. I'm not here to argue!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Fatluke

I was just pointing out that the the forums are very slow these days and have been for a very long time now. Yes I have mentioned that a ew times in the past. Why do I post reports of some of my fishing adventures?...To boost my ego :lol: ? Yea right..

I do it for the members pleasure. They love to read and hear about how my day went on the water...Visa versa..

My reasons for choosing not being as active anymore have much more to do than that :wink:

Crappie fishing tomorrow night..Anyone care to join?

Andrew
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Hey tipup! Just wanted to let you know that I always enjoy your reports!

Good luck tomorrow, I might join ya :wink:
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Nodie wrote:Hey tipup! Just wanted to let you know that I always enjoy your reports!
As do I, but I would not be able to join ya.. As much as I have wanted to get out for some spring crappies. I don't see it happening this year.

And Tip-up you just contradicted yourself in two posts.. Anyway.. As I said before.. Not here to argue.

Look forward to your reports though.. whether it be here or elsewhere. I do read and enjoy.
DUQ
Participant
Participant

Post by DUQ »

I love fishing reports. I've been enjoying your reports Tip-up. I dont fish in the winter so I havnt been here since last fall. Im taking the young lad out this Friday for pan fish and maybe a few slabs for dad :wink:
GetTheNet!!!
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GetTheNet!!! »

Hey nice outing Tip-up, it's great to see a few nice pannies from the shore. A few real nice crappies making an appearance. I've missed your reports since hardwater season.
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

I think you were noticing what has been going on in other sites. People are getting busy & do not have or take time to login.
Sure it's frustrating when you are trying to get others involved and no one wants to play or at least it appears that way.
a fight always brings people into the frey,just human nature I guess.
Just keep plugin along Tip up,and have fun with it all.It turn around.

Fatluke,Take this with a grain of salt please.
I will aslo preficit this next statement as you did.
I'm not looking to fight nor bash.

In my book when a guy says I do not want to fight ,but your a pig.
Your gonna have a fight on your hands regaurdless.
The point is why call a guy out in public and insinuate that he's being childish or in your words looking fo a pat on the back.

You say you do not post much yet you come out to make a post somewhat belittling Tip up.
I think that you should have stayed where you were.

The young man is frustrated with the lack of response.
He does have other issues on his mind that add in to it.
I'd rather see what I could do to lift him up than call him out on the street
in front of everyone .
Nice job of not wanting to fight.

I'm sure you helped him & this site out by making those comments.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Tip-Up,

I just saw this report, and I always take the time out to check out what you and your brother are doing during your frequent outings. I know that when I open one of your reports, there are sure to be FISH. :wink:

Things are sporadic on the site; some times there is a burst of activity and sometimes the sound of crickets... :roll: ...true we do not have the same community we had a couple of years back, but there are plenty of people on board who love fishing, just like you do.

I think the sluggishness of the site (response time) is also detrimental to participation lately -- at least for me. Some times it is just easier and quicker to read and not reply. :?

I'm curious as to these other reasons you mention for taking a "time out". But seeing as they are probably personal, I'll leave it at that.

But I hope you'll continue your reports. I'm definitely one who appreciates them, and I know I'm not alone.

Fatluke, I think some of Tip-Up's frustration is that he does diligently take the time (and it does take time) to write the report and post the pics and to just get a few replies is somewhat of a disappointment. It's fun to have the dialogue and participation resulting from your report.

Everyone have a great holiday wknd!

W.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I was really offended in three PM's in the last 4 months from people who claim to know who I am but I have never seen nor spoke to them before. They disagree with a few things I have said in the past and have choose to take it out behind a false internet name to pick at my head. No, I have not replied back to them either. If it's not a problem, I will send you a copy and pasted message and you tell me what you would have said back OK :? The site is slow but I have made many choices in the past to stop posting on many other message boards. I never thought I would have had to say that here...Sometimes what I try to say does not come out right..

Oh well, a break it good for everyone right Wolfe :D

Get out there and boat some fishys will ya :wink:

Thanks for being concerned ..

-Andrew