Schooner lake (Round & long) - Lodge Name?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Dances With Fishes
Participant
Participant

Schooner lake (Round & long) - Lodge Name?

Post by Dances With Fishes »

Hi guys, can anyone tell me the name(s) of the lodges or camp sites on Long Schooner and Round Schooner lakes :?: They are in an area just a little north of Ompah and Plevna.
Cheers 8)
Dances with Fishes
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

I was on Round this winter for a few days and i did not see any camps, cottages or structures on the shoreline. Did not attempt to get down to Long due to treacherous ice conditions at the narrows connecting the 2 lakes. It's pretty rough getting back in there though and maybe thats why it's not populated.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Its been many years since I have been on Round & Long.
As far as I can remember the 2 lakes are part of the North Frontenac Park.
I don't believe there is anything on Round Schooner other then camping sites. We used one not far from the narrows.

There may be a few cottages on Long Schooner (I hate it when the memory goes). But I don't think there are any lodges/Rental camps at least none I remember seeing.
I think the roads are Crown Access roads around there.
Swamp-Donkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Name of lodge

Post by Swamp-Donkey »

The place youre looking for is "Tooley Lodge" and its actually on Mackie or Lucky lake which are very close by. The lodge leaves boats on the Schooner lakes for his clients to use. There are no lodges on either of the Schooner lakes. Let me guess,, you've been reading the good ol' reliable :? "backroads Mapbook" haven't you?
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

slop wrote:I was on Round this winter for a few days and i did not see any camps, cottages or structures on the shoreline. Did not attempt to get down to Long due to treacherous ice conditions at the narrows connecting the 2 lakes. It's pretty rough getting back in there though and maybe thats why it's not populated.
How did you make out Grant??? Catch any?? :wink: :wink:

Joe
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Jale...never caught a thing in that lake :twisted: Alot of time ,effort and money but, nadda. I did manage to take a few scenery pic's though :wink:
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

slop wrote:. I did manage to take a few scenery pic's though :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bts »

Slop, would you say that would be a typical trout outing for you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dances With Fishes
Participant
Participant

BackRoads Map book + grain of salt = destination

Post by Dances With Fishes »

Thanks SD, I wasn't reading the Back roads book but I am aware of what you mean. Sometimes it is fairly acurate but other times it gives you just enough info to get yo good and lost. :oops: It has lots of pretty pictures though. Thanks for the tip on the lake lodges.

BackRoads Map book + grain of salt = destination :lol:

Cheers
DWF
bassman
Participant
Participant

Plevna area

Post by bassman »

I used to fish all those lakes, if you want to have some fun look into a lake called reid lake, there is a portage from mackie lake to little mackie and then after crossing little mackie another short portage to Reid lake, triple headers for bass were the norm. On 1 occasion me and a buddie caught and released just over 60 bass in an hour. Last time I was up that way was about 10yrs ago so I can't say that it would still be that way today.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: .

Post by slop »

bts wrote:Slop, would you say that would be a typical trout outing for you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: ..........YESSSS!!!! :cry: