Fishing Crotch Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Fishing Crotch Lake

Post by krisbass »

Hi, I'm posting because I want to clear up something about the fishing regs. I'm going camping at crotch lake and I was going to bring along my fishing rod, but I was wondering what would be in season up there? I read in the ontario fishing regs that pike and walleye are not in season until the third saturday of May (the 19th). Is this true? Does this mean I can't fish for pike or walleye at crotch lake? Please let me know. Thanks!
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Crotch Lake is in Div. 29. Pike and walleye opened there on the second saturday in May. There is a slot size in effect for walleye on Crotch Lake also.......they must be less than 18.1" and more than 24" in length. A fish sanctuary also exists on the lake from March 1 to the first Sat. in June. It encompasses the area from Sidedam Rapids to the north shore of Skull Island, including McLeans Bay.

Bass does not open untill the second last sat. in June.
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Crotch Lake

Post by Joey Rat »

Just to add on to Bowzog, Mclean Bay is at the top of the lake and it's a big lake so lots of room to fish. It's also my favourite pike spot on the lake. :cry:

Check the fishing project map here on fish hawk and Wade at Tumblehome lodge has some good laminated maps.
krisbass
Participant
Participant

Post by krisbass »

Alright well thanks guys!
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Ward is the owner of Tumblehome lodge. I go there all the time. I will be there this may long weekend. PIKE AND WALLEYE, are both open. Bass is not. If you see an alumacraft with a 75 optimax on it and probably a homemade top, give us a shout. Where are you camping? We are staying at the lodge. To risky with the weather this time of year to camp, the last 3 years have been terrible with rain, snow hail, cold, windy dont know why hopefully this year will me nicer.