WALLEYE NEAR WHITEFISH LAKE

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kenbo
Participant
Participant

WALLEYE NEAR WHITEFISH LAKE

Post by kenbo »

I AM STAYING FOR THE SUMMER ON WHITEFISH LAKE AS PER SHANGRI-LA AND AM LOOKING FOR SOME NEARBY WALLEYE FISHING . I WOULD PREFER A SMALLER LAKE NOT A BIG LAKE LIKE QUINTE OR BOBS LAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE I MAY FISH AND HOW TO CATCH A FEW EATERS ? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE KENBO
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Closest walleye to Shangri-La is Westport area. Upper Rideau, Westport Sand and Wolfe lakes....and the fishing is tough. My best advice if staying on Whitefish Lake....develop an apprecation of bass :lol: :lol:
kenbo
Participant
Participant

Post by kenbo »

THANK U GANMAN BUT THERE HAS TO BE SOME EYES TO BE CAUGHT NEARBY . I WAS OVER THE WOLFE AND PIKE FOR 2 DAYS EACH AND ONLY MANAGED A COUPLE . I EVEN ZERO'D OUT ON HAY BAY IN A DAY WITH 2-3 FOOT CHOP THAT SHOULD OF PRODUCED SOMETHIN BESIDES PERCH. I AM BASSED OUT AND AM LOOKING FOR WALLEYE ACTION OR TROUT ACTION AND THE BIG RIDEAU IS TOOOO HUGE AND I CAN'T MAKE HEADS OR TAILS OUT OF BOBS LAKE IT ALSO SEEMS TO LARGE FOR ME AND MY LITTLE BOAT TO FISH IN ADAYS TIME. THANK YOU AGAIN . I AM STILL HOPIN SOMEONE CAN HELP HERE CAUSE I AM GOING BASS CRAZY !!!!!!!!!! SINCERELY, KENBO
mdej
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mdej »

Having fished these lakes the last few years.... I think everyone has provided you your options. Not that much waleye fishing around.
gussser
Participant
Participant

Post by gussser »

Newboro Lake try island straight out from lock. Evenings & try multiple night crawlers on trebles.