river brookie report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pikeie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

river brookie report

Post by pikeie »

well me and my brother decided to go out for the day to see if we could catch some local resedent brookies. i decided to fish a stream that i havent fished in about 2 years. we used to have a bit of luck with some small brook trout, with no more fish caught in a day then 3. so i wasent expecting much considering that a housing devlopement was put in 1 year ago on the bank of the river.

on my third cast i get a nice solid hit, set the hook and a nice brookie jumps out of the water. after a few more jumps, i get him to the bank, a quick measurment and back in the water he goes. he measurd 12.5 inches long with a nice girth and some beautiful colours. i forgot to bring the camra so no pics of today. next cast and i get another tick and i catch a little 7 inch brookie. no more fish to be seen so i decided to scout out a few more sopts, i try a nice small but very deep pool and i get a 9 inch trout, wow ive been here for 20 minutes and i am allredy doing better then i have ever done on this stretch of the river. and the action doesnt quit until about 1.5 hours later. so after the fish quit hitting my bait i decied to throw out a #0 spinner and as im brining it back just under the surface a very nice speck hit it but it didnt get hooked, this fish was around 14 inches long. after we didnt get any other fish we fishd a slow riffle and the trout were jumping everywverywhere, i couldnt get them to hit tho, they were feeding on the damsel flies, when ever the flies went near the water. i knew i shoudla brought my fly rod lol, i will next time for sure. so for only being out for 2 hours i went 7/10 with an avrage size of 8 inches or so not a bad day at all .