RUMBLE in Rockland 2007

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Less than 4 days to go. Hurry guys and sign up. If you cant find a partner start calling or PMin people :D

Hopefully see some of you there.

cheers

Anthony
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

joco wrote:wallyboss.

its ok.

i no how they feel.

imagine having a 50 000$ bass boat and get beat by a 800$ kayak... :roll: :lol: :lol: joking. hard on the ''EGO''

wont be there.

(i would have done everything safely)

joco. :!:
Joco
I for one wouldn't have any issues giving you a head start... lets say 10-15 mins or so... enough time to paddle across the river to lochabar or something...
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi..getnjiggywithit

this response frome me was just a joke.

i hope everyone will have fun and catch all big fish.

its a fun day. :)

some people are not secure or dont feel ok around kayak...and all.

this is past.

thanks anyway.. :wink:

take care..

joco
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

So far we have 18 confirmed boats with an estimated 100% payout of 1st $360, 2nd $220, and 3rd $140... not a bad prize for one big bass :D The more entries we receive the higher the payout.

We look forward to seeing everyone there and good luck to all of those who wish to attend.

Please try and be there between 7-7:45 allowing us to complete the registration process 15 mins prior to blast off.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I don't know about the other years but Sept 15 2007 is the first day for duck hunting in this region on the Quebec side. It's called Youth Hunting Day. So if you hear "Duck" Well you know!!!!!!!!

Lochaber is a fav. for duck hunters. . Might be an idea to have a later start?? I don't know if duck season was opened the other years of the Rumble.???
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

...Yeah!!! and trust me by experience some duck hunters are really crazy.....no go for me in the bays this week end!!!!!!!

:shock:
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

I think the sound all those big 2stroke's tearing up the river at 80mph will fix the duck problem :lol:
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joey Rat »

Ah, the sound of shot gun pellets bouncing off a tinny. What a way to start your morning. :roll:

Can we shoot back? :wink:

Hey BB444, with all those pictures you been posting I'll take a chance in those bays. Care to share. :lol:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

getnjiggywithit wrote:I think the sound all those big 2stroke's tearing up the river at 80mph will fix the duck problem :lol:
:lol:
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I sent a message to Mickey 2 days a go to enter the Rumble this week end....never got any confirmation back...... I was wondering if all is o.k. with me in the Rumble on Saturday???

Another question ...the water is verry shallow right now.If you wnat to enter some Bays from the Ottawa River....almost impossible right now....Is it possible to take the boat out of the water to get to the bay landing site????
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Big Bass 444 wrote:I sent a message to Mickey 2 days a go to enter the Rumble this week end....never got any confirmation back...... I was wondering if all is o.k. with me in the Rumble on Saturday???

Another question ...the water is verry shallow right now.If you wnat to enter some Bays from the Ottawa River....almost impossible right now....Is it possible to take the boat out of the water to get to the bay landing site????
Your name is on the registrant list Big Bass 444... I am sure Mickey Mouse Mike is a bit busy right now but will get back to ya soon.

See you there

About your question...you will most likely not be allowed.
spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by spinner »

Wallyboss wrote:I don't know about the other years but Sept 15 2007 is the first day for duck hunting in this region on the Quebec side. It's called Youth Hunting Day. So if you hear "Duck" Well you know!!!!!!!!

Lochaber is a fav. for duck hunters. . Might be an idea to have a later start?? I don't know if duck season was opened the other years of the Rumble.???
It wasn't open on the date of the Rumble in previous years
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

http://www.cws-scf.ec.gc.ca/publication ... =qc&lang=e

Just be careful guys, these hunters have been waiting 10 months for Duck season to open. Just imagine how you would feel on opening morning of Bass season on a calm bay and there is this guy zooming around on his Seadoo, if you had a shotgun (that the shots cannot be traced back to your gun) wouldn't you be tempted to shoot one across the bow.

I am not a duck hunter myself but if u start the tourney a bit later they are usually off the water fairly early. Maybe a duck hunter can jump in and say what time they are usually off the water by.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Duck Hunters are on before dawn and off when the flights get slow...Some stay on till evening. Most though will be off by 10am and back for the evening hunt...But it all depends on how the flights are....Just wear your red survival suits or hunter orange touques :lol: ...We dont shoot at those colours....much 8)
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Only the French fishermen have to worry!! If you are asked a question please do not answer "WHAT" in French.