Darren Lariviere

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Swamp-Donkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Darren Lariviere

Post by Swamp-Donkey »

Hi y'all.

This is my "nickel" entry. So far this season this is the best one I've got. The fish was never actually weighed, but it measured a hair over 22 inces. A 5lbs plus fish for sure. Anyways I'll leave it up to the rest of you to be the judge and jury.
The Bass was caught in mid-July on Mississippi lake. A large willow leaf spinner-bait, ripped through the pads is what did this bad-boy in.

I sure hope we're allowed more than one entry?
There's like two good months of bass season left!!!

Take Care,
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

I'll ya that one Swamp Donkey, that's a beautiful bass.

BTW, I still owe you the prize from the Crappie Contest. :oops: I really suck at following up with these things. It's in my garage and I'll get it out to ya....I promise. Sorry for my tardiness. :oops:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

That's a real beaut Swamp-Donkey! Ya got my vote :)
RatherBFishin
Participant
Participant

Post by RatherBFishin »

yup... got my vote
Swamp-Donkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Contest Prize?

Post by Swamp-Donkey »

Hi ya Bobber.

Hey, not to worry you're talkin to the king of procrastination here. As a matter of fact, I just sent in my taxes two weeks ago. Imagine the government making the tax deadline at the end of April. Right at the beginning of the fishing season! How do they expect anyone to file on time with that kind of distraction in the way.

So I wouldn't loose any sleep over it there bud.

Listen would you mind wrapping it up in some nice Christmas paper with a bow. I figure I might get it just in time for Christmas! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

nice one donk'!! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Yup that is a 5+lbser for sure
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

8)
Swamp-Donkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks for the vote

Post by Swamp-Donkey »

Thanks for all the votes guys.

Just in case anyone was wondering, this fish was released alive and healthy. :wink:

I'd just like to state an opinion here with regards to the Nickel Club and the newly announced Nickel Club contest.

My personel opinion is that a qualifying entry must be "live-released" in order to qualify. To give honor and recognition to an angler that caught and Killed a 5lbs. plus bass, is in my opininion is unacceptable. In this day and age, with the knowledge that we have regarding the importance of these larger fish, killing one is morally, ethically and ecologically WRONG.

I have no problem with a guy who keeps a few smaller fish for a meal from time to time. But the killing of a 5lbs plus Bass wreeks of nothing more than selfish, greedy, ignorance. Irregrdless of fish species, Bass, Walleye, Trout, Muskie, etc., my feelings remain the same.

I would be really interested in everyone else's opinions on this matter.

Cheers.
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Yes, I agree and would like to highlight the use of the word ignorance, and I mean ignorance as in the lack of knowledge. A lot of people just do not know the significance of these big fish; I for one have learned quite a bit about proper handling procedures, conservation etc. from reading this site.

The selfish, greedy people are always going to be around but the ignorance is something that we can do something about by influencing what is accepted within the angling community via this site etc. (Of course I assume ignorance vs. greedy when I see someone who has kept a trophy).

BTW - I kill and eat fish! Just not the 5lbers. I take a picture of those and put them back. But you guys know that because you've seen all the pics of my 5lbers...right? :wink:

Nice fish, and nice release swamp-donkey.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Boo-hoo...

Where's MINE...!?

:lol:

Niiiice fish!

W.
IanD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IanD »

Yup, that is 5+ any day.
As far as release goes, unless a fish is badly hooked and will not go upright, they go back in. I prefer red meat to white. :D :D