Freedom Of Speech

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
LostFisherman
Participant
Participant

Freedom Of Speech

Post by LostFisherman »

Our Freedom of Speech is one of the things Americans and Canadians cherish the most and something we will defend to our death at times. It's hard not to get upset when your are saying something and another person is standing center stage and opposing everything you say no matter how stupid it may seem. At times you like to reach over and throttle the life out of them, but letting them do it and not responding to what they are saying is one of the things that sets us seperate from other places because you can do it with out the threat of rattaliation. I'm 60 years old and enjoy listenning to what most of you have to say and cherish your input for how I fish. There are Pro's and Cons about everything and it's good to listen to all sides and then with that information make a decision that you can live with. When I got into Trout fishing, in my mind i thought they were plentyful and could catch them forever. Needless to say by fishing with some of the pro's up there and askig questions I found out that it's really a fragile hatchery that must be watched and managed to secure it's future. I now know I would never keep one and will only practice Catch and Release with them. I learnned that from the good guy's from boards like this who took the time to answer my questions and taken me out and showed me the ropes.
There are some people on here that may be jealous of your knowladge and the fact that they don't want to take the time to learn from you and there are others who have nothing better to do than as some of you put it "Stir The Pot" or in short just stir up trouble. I believe thier goal is to pee pee off the knowladgable people to get them to quit posting. If this happens then not only does that take away from the board it also takes away from the new and old guy's that are trying to be a better fisherman and sportsman. Somewhere we have to learn our ethics that we use out there and it comes from places like this.
So when someone on here is trying to put you down, that there are more of us that are listenning to what you have to say. So when you think about quitting the board not only do we loose, they win! My advice to you Masters(Pro's) out there just keep inmind us Grasshoppers are out there learnning from you teachers! LOL

LostFisherman
Bernard Egan
Illinois USA
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Well said.
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D
LostFisherman
Participant
Participant

Apology

Post by LostFisherman »

To the board member who editted my posting and to the P--- word out thank you and I apologize to the board members for the use of the foul word. I understand we have kids on here and it was thoughtless of me to use it.

LostFisherman
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Thank you LostFisherman and well said indeed.

BTW, no one edited your post, it's the masking that I have in place....it's automatic for certain words. :)

Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Bobber wrote:

BTW, no one edited your post, it's the masking that I have in place....it's automatic for certain words. :)
Been here a while, but does anyone else remember Snag's "T-crap" auto edit. That was so funny! :lol:

Anyway, LF, I agree: nicely said and good points made! I think most of us would agree.

W.