What's your favorite Worm Hook?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

What's your favorite Worm Hook?

Post by OBD »

Hey all!

Would like to hear your opinion on your all time favorite Worm Hook and why?

I'd go with the Gamakatsu hooks simply because they're extremely strong and sharp, backup choice would either be Eagle Claw or Mustad

- Oliver :wink:
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

I use Owner wide gap plus for beavers and flipping tubes and their J hooks for most other applications. For wacky rigging I like the Daiichi bleeding bait circle hooks.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

I use Gamakastu for most everything now. They are sharp, tough and reasonably priced. I keep a decent inventory of 2/0 through 5/0 "regular" and 3/0 & 4/0 EWG.

I've used Owner in the past but I can't tell the diff between the Gammie and an Owner except in the pocketbook. I don't recall either of these hooks ever being the cause for a lost fish.
Jackel
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jackel »

Owner all the way!!! If you are looking for sharpness you can't beat it.

Al. 8)
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I have almost completely switched over to Gamakatsu hooks for all bass fishing applications. With a upcoming visit to BPS in Harrisburg on the 4th of Nov. the "almost completely" will change to "completely".
Over the last two years I started using Gamy's and was quite impressed with their strength & sharpness. Every hook is perfect every time. I had several packs of Owner hooks which were of premium quality, which would explain their premium price.

DropShot'r
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Venom Hooks

Post by Jasonb »

This past summer i had the oppourtunity to try out theese Venom hooks.... i used a #1 off-set worm hook with a 1/8oz or 1/4oz weight attached to the shank of the hook... it was amazing for tube fishing... because of the position of the weight it allowed a slow but more controlled fall of the bait... espically in moving water... it was the best hook i've ever used for fishing smallies... unfurtunitly i have no more and with no vehicle i cannot get myself out to Baitcasters(the only place that has them) to pick up more.... next spring i might see if Mike can send some down for me... couldn't ask for a better hook.... strong, thin, bright red(which i think makes the dark coloured tubes kind of look like they're bleeding) and sharp... what a fish catching hook.... i must have gotten more than 60 or 70 smallies on each hook... they last boys(and girls)... believe it...

Jason
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

I personally like the Owner hooks for the strength and sharpness. Gami's are good as well and I have a few of those in my tackle box, but when I can, and when the application of an owner applies, it is my go-to hook.

Great questions Nodie, would make a good addition to our Opinion Search. I think I'll add it if you don't mind.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Canadian Tire hooks...they are so dull you will never hook yourself :lol:

But really I like the Owner hooks as well.
(Big Bass Daddy)
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Hooked

Post by (Big Bass Daddy) »

Gamakatsu hooks all the way BABY!!
I have entire trays full of them, of various sizes and gaps and so on.

Don't waist your'e time by the best!! I made the mistake of buying cheap hooks once and during a bass tournament it cost me big money big time.

Never again, Gamakatsu hooks only.

BBD

8)
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Thanks for your opinions guys! Quality sure is the most important thing when fishing tournaments.

Np Bobber :wink:

See you on the water..............or ice :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
lungelarry
Participant
Participant

Post by lungelarry »

If I,m fishing close to the boat, I like a EWG Gammy, but if I,m in the back of the boat and making long casts I prefer a fine wire hook like a Matzuo.Even with no stretch braids I get a better hook set.
pikeie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeie »

owners r my fav for sure, very strong and sharp, and even after catching alot of fish it does not need sharpining! i really like there sledheads for fishing seknos down deep for smallies :D