Who is Interested---ICE DERBY for CHARITY

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Who is Interested---ICE DERBY for CHARITY

Post by JP »

Just putting out feelers on who would be intertested in participating or helping out with organizing an Ice Derby for Charity. I have talked to a couple of people and looking to get the ball rolling. We would need to have a commity and decide what charity we would like to sponsor. Most of the ground work was done last year and it looks like the weather won't be a problem with early ice and cold temps.
I can assure people that things will be different than last year and hopefully an even bigger success.
Anyway if you are interested in helping out or participating post here or if you have any questions or concerns please email or PM me.
Hope we get a great response and looking forward to ice fishing this year with everyone.
Cheers
JP
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Charity suggestion...

CNIB

The Canadian National Institute for the Blind
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hey jp!

i am open to any charity derby i am in them all :D :D

anything to help out let me know!

scuba!
S.M.05
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by S.M.05 »

Charity ice fishin derby sounds like a good excuse to hit the ice.
CNIB is a good pick as I have a family member losing his eye site.
:idea: The great "Ice for charity derby 08"
(not sure if you have a name yet)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Was thinking of a well known member 'Karma' before posting my suggestion. Funny thing, I was just about to put up a post about this years derby.

Good thinking JP.
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

I'm in.
It's been years since I ice fished, but you guys have got me interested in getting out sometime.
Willing to help if I can.

Terry
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

I'd be into that.
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Another charity suggestion,

Maybe you can find out if any of the recently passed away fishermen were part of or donated to a specific charity.

If so, donate in honour of him. :)
Jackel
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jackel »

JP,

If you want do it for the CNIB, why don't you talk to Karma first. He would know a few details about then.

Al.
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

Sure would be interested, what about Christie Lake send a kid to camp?? Fishing and raising money for a good cause is always a great way to spend the day. Now all we need is a time and place.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

charity fish

Post by Seaweed »

I'm always willing to help out with a good cause... and any excuse to fish is good with me.

You know I was thinking the other day about how cool it would be to maybe do a big ole red ribbon on the ice with dye or something biodegradable and get someone to take a shot if it from a plane to show our troops that we haven't forgotten about them and appreciate the sacrifice that they are putting forth for our freedom. We could get everyone to sign a big card or somethng and send it over too.

I think this would work if we got a day without snow. :wink:
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I am up for this...If you want I can volunteer like last time...I would like to fish a bit but if the need is there so am I...I like all the ideas that have been posted for charities so I am o.k .with anything.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

Count me in... just let me know date and time...

JAson
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

I'd personally like to see something a little different for this go around. Perhaps we could secure some sponsors for the event in order to give away some door prizes like we have in the past and had great success year after year with the number of prizes, but what would be even better I think is to see if we can generate 2 or 3 MAJOR Sponsors who could donate or contribute to a couple of very large, worth your while to come out pay your $20 or $30 bucks, and try to win them. Grand prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place. I'd like to see everyone who is onsight fishing that day participate in the Derby with no questions asked. I think it would be better to try and keep the awards cerimony down to much less than it has been in the past. It just keeps getting bigger....and longer, while people stand around in the cold.

Just some things I'm thinking about. It shouldn't be hard to pull off this year, since we already have much of the planning work from last, so I'm not too worried about that. Yves from Oziles is always willing to help out with tents, heat, and other arrangements for us, and is very accomodating.

If anyone out there belongs to a major company or knows someone who does, and could put some feelers out to see if they'd be interested in becoming a MAJOR Sponsor for the event, that would help get the ball rolling.

As always, Fish-Hawk.Net will be here to support the cause, but this will be mainly a Community driven event by the volunteers of this site. If you're interested in participating, let us know within this thread and we'll be in touch when we get into more of the planning and execution stages.

Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

I think if you want to support a well worth organization why not a local fishing related organization like the Friends in sport fishing? Or support a local kid to go to Camp Christie.

It's always nice to know the moneys raised will be doing good in our neighborhood.

I'd be willing to support something like that.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin