Bryson Lake adventure

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Bryson Lake adventure

Post by Canadian Bacon »

My buds and I are heading to Bryson Lake. This will be our first kick at the can for Lakers!!!
Does anyone have any info on the lake it's self and what is the best way to fish it?? Best area's, best lure, best method etc..etc..
We will also be going for night time Walleye!!! So, if anyone has fished them there as well..let us know...

Thanks folks!!!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

:?

Hey thar Polish Sausage, where's Bryson Lake? :?:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Near Fort Colonge Quebec
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Ahhh forget it. You just lost me. :lol:
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

CB...Williams Wobblers....Gang Trolls...and chartreuse coloured stick baits...That should get you something :!: :lol:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Thanks bud!
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

My biggest question is what color is the water? We have done several trips into the northern Quebec where the water was tea stained. Almost no vegetation, the structure is almost always rock (points) based.

What that meant was the yellow and chartreuse jigs which worked so well in the Ottawa, needed to changed to an orange or slightly darker color.

Thanks guys.

M.T. Livewell
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I've never been to that lake but I've fished in the tea stained water before. If I'm trolling a williams spoon, I'll tip the treble with a worm or minnow tail, in case that laker just wants to follow. You can also try the drop offs and points by drifting over them while jiggin white tubes or bucktails... some of the biggest hotspots I've found for lakers is where there might be an underwater 'plateau' around the 50' mark. Go over it with the finder and look for any irregularities on bottom, change of composition (mud to rock) or a rock pile etc... concentrating in that area usually pays off.
Good luck
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hiya, Bacon -

Thought of you today at the sporting goods store, as I got into a conversation with the salesman and he mentioned how impressed he was with Bryson Lake. He talked of the laketrout and good pike fishing. I think he was exaggerating a weeeeee bit, as he boasted of a "50 lb pike" he caught there in the 1960's. Said it would have been a record, but he didn't know better and released it after a few pic's. :!: :?:

Anyway, I hope you do well there -- at the very least I hope you have FUN and don't get hooked yourself, as this appears your fate on the water! :lol:

Let us know how you make out (assume you are there or headed there now) and also how your "Flakey" old man is doing this week.

All the best,

W.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Bacon,

Did you make it to Bryson for Lakers with your pals?

Any good fish stories to tell us about? 'Til I get out there, I'm living vicariously through our fellow Hawk Talkers accounts.

ALSO: Hope all is continuing to go well with your father's recovery...

W.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Hiya Wolfe...
We aren't ging up to Bryson until June 3rd...the week aftr the Muksrat trip!!
So sorry nothing to report :cry: ......but a cat on the Ottawa!

:D My Dad, thanks for asking!!!! :D He is doing great. Recovering!!

He is having trouble with the fact that he has to really do nothing for the next couple of months..he likes to be busy!!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Oh, I thought you were going to Bryson sooner. :oops: But not too much longer to wait, in any case -- you can start your 1 month countdown now! :D

Happy to hear your father is doing well -- that is good news.

Took the little guys to the lake for an hour or so Saturday, but they didn't get much other than a few worm thieving nibbles. But someone else got a decent bullhead and a really nice brown along with the drunken buzz he had caught from drinking way too many beers. (Can't wait to get up to some nicer lakes that don't attract as much riff-raff. These fellows were friendly enough, but were using foul language within earshot of my kids and were embarassingly drunk. Fishing was slow, so I guess they were popping a lot of tops to liven up the afternoon. :roll: )

W.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Man..ya gotta keep the cursing down near the kids...Sometimes it just comes out but if it continues that is no good! Respect for the parents!
Yeppers I can't wait (for Bryson)...Muskrat first though!!
My dad is incredible these days!!! He is determined!