Bay of Qunite - Walleye World

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Do you fish for spring walleye?

Oh Yeah!
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 22

Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Our day on the Bay

Post by Seaweed »

Carlco and I enjoyed a marvelous day on the bay. Carlco nailed a couple of real nice pickerel.... entered one 7.4 pounder all caught early morning between 4-5 am.

Afernoon we caught some nice pike in Hay Bay.....

Absolutely marverlous... good weather and great day.

Thanks for the tips ... it worked fine for us...... worm harness actually trolled slow on electric motor.....

Tried to raise everyone on Channel 4 and 6 but got no replys....

Pictures to follow soon... I need some sleep. :oops:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great job Carlco and Seaweed!...glad you got some fish.....any word on what big fish of the weekend was?

Any more reports?

RJ
ken & Jo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ken & Jo »

I didn't get skunked on the opener for once. Had a 26 inch 5 1/2 lber and some 14 inchers. Tried raising some Fish-hawkers on 4 and 0 but only heard from some other fisherman. All in all a good weekend. Great just to get back on the softwater. Can't wait til next weekend already.

Ken
the walleye hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by the walleye hunter »

Did pretty good too on the opener. We had two fish that were 28 inches and one 23 incher. We also caught about 20 fish in the 17 to 19.5 inch range. Sunday afternoon was a bitch at the mouth of Hay Bay and Thompson's point. We got caught by the same storm 3 times. We got soaked. But that's where we caught the big ones. On deep diver patterns. It was a great weekend. As soon as I have the photos diveloped, i'll post them.
Cheers, Hunter...
p.s. Congrats tracker....