Whloe lot a these this weekend!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Whloe lot a these this weekend!!

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

And of course this too!!!

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0184.jpg

Best of luck to all this weekend!!!!

T.L F.F
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Those are nice bows Floatfishin, best of luck to you this weekend! I've opened up the pictures for ya.

FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Thx A mill Markus!!!!

Gonna need the elbow pads :shock: :D Hee HEE

Thoase were a few from 2 weeks ago went 3 for 10 out on the east tribz and this weekend its 40 for 40 or nothin lol.

T.L to all this weekend! F.F
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Floatfishin' -

Those are great pic's (thx, Markus). I don't know much about trout fishing, but seeing that whopper rainbow makes me want to learn more!
I didn't know they got that big. Gorgeous fish...

(My son's eyes just about popped out of his head. :shock: He's lovin' it!)

W.
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Good luck there FF. Was gonna head down to hit some tribs but CC's posts on the other board convinced me otherwise. Anyways, have fun with the new pin and with all the lines that will be drifting in the pools, try and stay out of the water :D :D .
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

wolfe wrote:Floatfishin' -
want to learn more!
I didn't know they got that big. Gorgeous fish...

(W.
Wolfe, these pic's are of a great fish, but believe it or not, they get a whole lot bigger! I'd guess those were 5-7lbs (although that second one may be a bit heavier then that). They reach 20+ lbs! :shock:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Hey wolfe,Markus is right....These On steel can reach a weight more than 20!!!Myself best is under 15 just shy,but the biggest I have seen is well into the 21 23 lb range.http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0200.jpg

This is another form which gave me a little spill in the drink lol :oops:

Also Wolfe, anytime you and the little lad are towards this area dont hesitate to let me know and I'll be more than happy to take ya's out for some of these bruts!!!(Time of year pending :shock: )

Thx for the great replies all!!! T.L F.F
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

FLOATFISHIN wrote:Hey wolfe,Markus is right....These On steel can reach a weight more than 20!!!Myself best is under 15 just shy,but the biggest I have seen is well into the 21 23 lb range.http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0200.jpg

This is another form which gave me a little spill in the drink lol :oops:

Also Wolfe, anytime you and the little lad are towards this area dont hesitate to let me know and I'll be more than happy to take ya's out for some of these bruts!!!(Time of year pending :shock: )

Thx for the great replies all!!! T.L F.F
As I see that you are new to this forum and that I have been reading your posts in other forum, welcome to the board, if it hasn't already been done. Your knowledge of the great all mighty pin could be a great addition to this board,
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

For sure Manny!!!!

Anyone who reads this and has ? bout bow or trib fishin I am always here to awnser anythin I can!!!!

And the almighty pin is A tool that is a must have for anyone who is interested in tryin floatin out!!!

Always here to help ladz!!!!! T.L F.F

[img]http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0200.jpg

[/img]http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0196.jpg
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Floatfishin' --

Thanks for the info & kind invite. This spring's goal is a tiger muskie, but perhaps I'll get geared up to try some trout fishing next spring. (Where is Rockland, anyway?) As mentioned, I always assumed rainbow were the "petite" trout and didn't get large. Boy, was I ever wrong! How do rainbow do as catch & release fish (I release all my catches)? Also, what kind of gear do you use?

Great pic's ! -- though the last couple gives your moniker "Floatfishin" even more meaning!! :lol:

W.
GamblerSteve
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Opener!!

Post by GamblerSteve »

I'm heading up this week-end also for a little bow action myself. This will the first time I'll be fishing on opening week-end. Normally I stay away from the crowds and fish up opener but the brother in-law talked me into it. Not sure how good it's going to be because they started to drop back a few weeks ago.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Steelies are beautiful indeed. Like wolfe I've never had the opportunity to try for them.

Do people mainly floatfish for bows? Besides roe are flies or lures ever used below the floats?

I've got a 9ft 6wt, if I wanted to throw some flies (if I was capable and living somewhere with bows) what might I be using during the spring?

Fishin' in southern Ontario at times can seem as though it's a whole new world of fishing. Next summer a friend and I are thinking we might go with a drift boat guide on the Grand and try our luck, or go fish somewhere on the Trent River. Who knows, maybe I'll float by some of yaz trying your luck out there.

Nice fish, FF :)
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I float fish a bit myself, but my tactics may differ a bit...I can't say I get that wet! :lol: :lol: