Whloe lot a these this weekend!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Post by Guest »

great pics, I am going crazy! its that time of year
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

wolfe wrote:(Where is Rockland, anyway?)W.
Just east of Ottawa.....25kms +/-
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Well, thank you, Wall-I-Guy!! Probably about 3 hours from here, I would guess...... (we were just in Ottawa for WinterFest and it took a little over 3 hrs, plus the agonizing 1 hr we were delayed at Customs in a loooong line. Try telling your toddler to be patient as his mood is downward spiraling fast, trapped in his car seat. "Me want out! Me want out!" And that was just what I was crying!) :x

Finish that tiling work yet?? :?: :roll:

W.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

wolfe wrote:Finish that tiling work yet?? :?: :roll:W.
:x .....you had to bring it up again eh :!: :lol:

No unfortunately, I'm in the process of taping the room, this is the worst part. Have to go a day between coats of putty. Next is tiling, walls,doorway and floor...

Then painting! With any luck...I'll be on the water November 1st :!: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I may not get to wolfe this year due to my projects backing up :!: :roll:

nah!....I'll be there at some point :!:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

WIG,

OK, I promise: no more inquiries on the "powder room"! :lol: Hope you can get it under your belt in good order without too much more blood, sweat & tears. (Getting projects started in our house is never a problem; it's getting them FINISHED that's the challenge. Hubby is very handy, but will be the first to admit he is an honorary member of the "90% Club" ... gets something to within 90% of completion, then stops working on it due to boredom, problems, or what have you!!! :? :lol: )

W.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

wolfe wrote:WIG, Getting projects started in our house is never a problem; it's getting them FINISHED that's the challenge. Hubby is very handy, but will be the first to admit he is an honorary member of the "90% Club" ... gets something to within 90% of completion, then stops working on it due to boredom, problems, or what have you!!! :? :lol:
W.
I'm sure my better half would slot me in there too :!: :roll: :lol:

But I have to get this one done or she'll be after me everyday I want to go fishing :!:
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Bro, need a report. How was it?? Unless you are still up there flogging away. Anyways let us know please!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a funny floatfishing anecdote that happened yesterday. Two guys "floatfishing" (walmart gear and a 4" yellow twister on 3/8 ounce jig) for bows and browns around Mtl. Me and the GF out for a walk to see if anything is biting. Nobody gets a hit until one guy goes I got one, just screams it. Damn was he proud and excited, he was shaking. Tells his buddy "light me a smoke" as he is slowly realing in this fish that looked heavy in the current but not to spunky. Takes him 5 minutes to reel in 20 yards of line. Gets to the side, a huge waterdog. Was he ever mad.

Anyways, FF, hook or anyone else that hit the tribs this weekend, reports please.
GamblerSteve
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Not bad of a week-end

Post by GamblerSteve »

This week-end wasn't that bad can't compare to last year didn't go up for the opener. They say the water was higher than last year. I caught 6 on Saturday and missed 14. Most of the ones I missed bit light the others just broke off. 3.4# lead doesn't take the rocks well. Saw alot of fish caught and kept really disappointed with that. Didn't really fish on Sunday went out for a couple of hours missed 2 started to rain so we packed it in had breakfast and headed home. All in all I've had better days but can't complain about this one, great to be out fishin'.