I have bad luck--Close call!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bronze Participant

Post by karma »

Last edited by karma on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

WOW!!!!! you truely have the worst LUCK (but you also have good luck)!!!....I can't even imagine going through somethimg like that after your back thing less than 2 months ago....for some of the new members that don't know JP...here's a copy from JP's post a few days after Christmas :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well as alot of you know I have been dealing with a very bad back injury which has required surgery and more to come . I was just starting to feel better and looking forward to getting out on the ice and try my luck. I missed the entire open water season with the back thing so couldn't wait to get out since I got all my ice stuf in .
Yesterday in the morning I was getting a customers snowmobile out of storage at work and stepped off it 6" down on to flat ground and BAM felt like someone had had hit me in the back of the leg with a baseball bat .
I was taken to the hospital where they determined that I had ruptured my Gastranimis tendon (Under the calf) and tore the muscle. To make matters worse I had no puse in my foot and everything bellow my knee was cold. The swelling had cut off the circulation to my foot and I was admitted. Lucky for me they were able to reduce the swelling and return the blood flow. Bad news is that I am off my feet for a week then crutches for a bunch more and 12 weeks to get back to normal. . So at least for now I am hanging out watching bad holiday tv LOL, unless someone wants to pull my fat butt arround LOL on a sled.
The good thing is that I can spend the holidays with family and my girlfriend and it forces me to take some time off work which I am sure I need.
Anyway I will keep every one up to date with how things go.
Cheers
JP

ps. A huge thanks to Leisa for staying with me at the hospital and shuttling me arround for the next 12 weeks (not so lucky for her LOL)

JP....Someone has been looking out for you because you recovered quicker then you first thought in December.....and you have been able to walk away from this latest accident without a scratch.....wow!!...now that's luckier than some!!!
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Glad u made it out ok ..... as said earlier ...... the fishn' gods were with u
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Hey JP lucky you didn't get hurt :) . I know exactly how you filled about having an accident :shock: . Because 8 years ago I was near Montreal and I arrived at a street light and I was crossing the on the green light and all the sudden I hear some break screaming and a lud bang and look and a car ran on the passenger side of my truck :cry: . The best thing was I didn't get hurt a all and I thank god for that and for you to bud :wink: .
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Glad you made it out in one piece... we all think we're safe in our vehicles but things can happen so fast. I'll never forget seeing a truck flip over 3-4 times on my way back from that very first fh trip up at swisha..

That sucks and should be a reminder to all of us to slow down. It's better to be 10 minutes late than not to get there at all.

Hope you're back isn't completely screwed up now.. it was bad before i know...
waynerb66
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by waynerb66 »

Glad to see you are safe. Make sure you go to the doctor and get checked out though. Everything may seem fine now, but in a few days it may not be. I am speaking from first hand experience. Make sure you get your neck and back checked out.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Geez JP , I told you to stop eating steak while driving! :lol: Seriously you gotta just stay inside and not go anywhere for a while. Glad to hear your ok but I am still not going to hug you so stop asking! NO MEANS NO!

Talk to ya soon.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

Im happy to hear you're alright... i once had something like that happen to me out in BC with an old Jimmy, scary scene... glad to hear you walked away from it man...

Jason
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Glad to see nobody got hurt! I'm sure luck wasn't the only thing on your side, you had the presence of mind to drive it out and avoid hitting other vehicles.

Take care of yourself!

SP.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

JP,

Obviously, your story could have had an all together different ending, so actually, I think you had some good luck. Thank God you're OK, as it sounds like a very nasty accident. Good on you for wearing your seat belt; so many still don't.

GLAD YOU'RE HERE WITH US TODAY, JP!

W.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

THANK GOD

the fishing equipement is ok!!! :lol:

j/k jp!! nice reflexe for the other upcomming car !!

BEST of luck in the futur......... :roll:
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Geez JP, if you wanted some attention you just needed to ask. :lol:

Seriously though, glad everyone is OK.

Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Good Luck

Post by Seaweed »

Hi JP

I would say that you have extremely"Good Luck" to have come through that wreck without a scratch... or without something serious.

Glad to hear you did ok with it all. Ice is tricky to drive on for sure. Hope everything works out ok with the insurance etc.