Best Day on the Water?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Those are some great stories. I would have to say my most memorable experience was about 2 summers ago......In a small little creek connecting two lakes only wide enough for one boat my buddy and I decided to just give this little creek a try on our way through. My Grandfather used to live on one of those lakes and he would never stop there because he said there was too much traffic for there to be any bass in here. Well the creek is about 4 klicks long and maybe 6-7 feet deep, we ended up with about 20 bass with 5 being well over 4 pounds and one had to be close to 6...no scale. We could not believe it. I guess just because I was always told there was nothing in there and no one else to my knowledge ever fished it either so it was just pretty ironic. And everyone went back to where they first swam!
Jamesh
Participant
Participant

Post by Jamesh »

Well one of the times I was fishing with a buzz bait for largies and boated twenty eight in a couple hours and numurous other blowups that did not connect. All fish from 1.5-5 Lbs. and another factor why I think I nailed so many that morning was because the alwife had just finished spawning and left the area a few days earlier.
On another trip,same body of water,I went down for the late afternoon bite by myself for some channel cats and landed 32 fish,15-35 Lbs each and only ONE small one at about a pound.When I caught them it was at ice out and the first warm rain the day before.The fish just came in that day and I have never had a day quite as good as that before.
There have been many days on Erie were I have boated a couple hundred smallies in a day and that can be quite tiring after fighting that many in a day.
So many stories I could almost write a book about those days. There just fond memories now and I hope that my memory will still be with me when I get old so I can reminise these times.