Constance/Buchams - 24 Apr (Sat)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Constance/Buchams - 24 Apr (Sat)

Post by saskie »

Taking the new toy out (finally) tomorrow to make sure it works and try for Crappie. Blue Princecraft with wife and dog. WIG - probably try your spots in Buchams first. Anyone want to hook up let me know. Times are pretty flexible although I do want to watch the Calgary game in the afternoon.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Constance/Buchams - 24 Apr (Sat)

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

saskie wrote:WIG - probably try your spots in Buchams first.
Sure wish I was going with you! I'll be the guy griping while slaving away at the house :!: :x

Goodluck :!:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Never made it out - again :cry: . Too choppy, even on Buchams. We tried for Crappie on Constance Crk from the Thomas A Dolan but no luck. Maybe the forecast for tomorrow will be wrong....
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

How was the water in the Bay? High? Were you at the boat ramp at all?
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I drove down around noon to check it out - I thought that maybe it might have been sheltered, but no luck - the wind was coming right down the pipe, magnified by the wind-tunnel effect.

The water looked pretty high, but I don't know what to compare it to. The cement breakwater(?) that was there was completely underwater.

When you launch from there - where do you park? On Bayview?
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

saskie wrote:I drove down around noon to check it out - I thought that maybe it might have been sheltered, but no luck - the wind was coming right down the pipe, magnified by the wind-tunnel effect.

The water looked pretty high, but I don't know what to compare it to. The cement breakwater(?) that was there was completely underwater.

When you launch from there - where do you park? On Bayview?
No, just across Bayview as you leave the launch along the side of the road :!: Either side is fine :!:
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

I hope to meet you guys at Buchams bay some day, we fish there atleast 3 times a week. That area is some of the most fun you can have on the water, we have been waiting for the right house to come on the market in that area for a while... (Someday it will :D)
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Lousy weather and high water

Post by Seaweed »

Well don't feel too bad about not getting out guys.... I got my boat on Friday but too late to launch her and the weather turned lousy since... I am chomping to get her out. Oh well ..... soon enough.

River is two feet higher than normal ..... not going to catch much in that mud so don't feel bad. :lol:
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

That's it exactly Seaweed, water is incredibly high behind the plant today too! Oh well, it'll recede shortly hopefully, :twisted: as he says with a schmirk, 'cause he can't fish now anyway :!: :lol: :lol:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Went down and did a quick recce on Clayton Lake (S of Almonte). It's a pretty little lake, I can see me spending quite a bit of time there as long as the fishing is half-a**ed decent.
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

Next weekend will hot and sunny :D and if anyone wants to tag up and spend a few hours on the water let me know when
Hunting Joe
Participant
Participant

Post by Hunting Joe »

Launched the twelve footer in Constance Creek at Thomas Dolan Saturday, drove all over that creek = nothing on the fish finder, nothing biting and way too much wind.

Still had fun going out in the boat and throwing in a line :D :D :D :D
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I thought it looked like someone had launched there. Glad I wasn't the only one to get skunked.