need HELP posting a pic in a post

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
sterling
Participant
Participant

need HELP posting a pic in a post

Post by sterling »

I want to add a pic of my boat in the classifieds but I dont have a clue how too. My pic is saved as an icon on desktop. I clicked on the Img after I had everything typed up and had to retreat. Can you browse to find pic somehow ???? :oops: :oops:

Please HELP
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Hey sterling, you say the picture is an icon on your desktop? It needs to be uploaded to a server. I believe you can store it here!

You can also store it free of charge at myfishingpictures.com.

Once you upload it to that site, you will see a path that is generated for you to use on the line marked "Image Link". It will look something like this http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/008665.JPG
Right click it with your mouse to copy the whole line, this way you won't have to remember it or write it down. Then when you compose a message here, when you want to insert it, right click in the text where you want the photo to show up, then click paste.

Now when you want to get your photo to show up, just add [img]before%20that%20line%20and[/img] after that line. EXCEPT REMEMBER THIS I HAVE FLIPPED BOTH OUTER SQUARE BRACKETS IN THE LINE BELOW, OTHERWISE THE PHOTO I'M LINKING TO WOULD ACTUALLY SHOW UP INSTEAD OF JUST THE "LINE". SO THE LINK YOUR CREATING SHOULD START WITH [img]AND%20END%20WITH[/img]

]img]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/008665.JPG[/img[

Once you've done this, press preview before submit and your photo should be visible. If not tinker with it until you get it right, then hit the "submit" button.

If you get real stuck, call me, I'll pm you my cell phone number.

Hope I haven't confused you too much :!: Sell your Island yet :?: :lol:

Goodluck :!:
sterling
Participant
Participant

Post by sterling »

:D Thanks for the info WIG.

Have not sold the father inlaws island yet. A few emails on it though.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Sterling, if you get stuck, send me the pic and I'll help post it for ya.

M.T. Livewell