Got my baby wet this weekend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Got my baby wet this weekend

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Well, I had booked off last Thursday in the hopes of getting my boat out, but it was too windy that day. But I did manage to get my baby out on Friday evening.

WARNING, there is crap upon crap out there, so take your time. While I didn't hit anything (at least not that I am aware of), I did see a guy dragging a couple of full sized logs - probably left over from the old 'bytown days'.

Saturday and Sunday I wrote off to less than ideal weather. It was tough enough launching the boat alone Friday in calm conditions. With no docks and a good wind, chances are I'd a scratched her all up.

Hope everyone is getting out.

How are you boys with the new boats enjoying yours (don't mean to rub it in Seaweed - your turn will come soon enough). :P

M.T. Livewell
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Got my Baby on Friday

Post by Seaweed »

I did pick up my boat on Friday and almost put her in the water in Manotick but.... wife chickened out .....

I will be floating with Carlco on the Bay of Quinte at midnight on Friday and hopefully weather permitting be launching her from Baitcasters for the Derby in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to hooking up with you and Lucannus though for sure MT so that we can race around and tell some lies about who was the fastest.... lol

:P
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

A good heads up MT. Post thaw garbage can be a serious hazard to boaters. I've seen logs, barrells and even ice huts floating after ice out. Sometimes I see them when I'm on plane fly by the boat..just below the water surface. :shock:
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Well I couldn't resist getting the boat out this weekend so I went out Saturday with that hurricane wind!

Was pretty hard getting on and off the trailer but all went well and she's a smooth ride in rough conditions.

Can't wait to hit the BOQ this weekend with Seaweed.

See you at there soon.

Carlco
frasej
Participant
Participant

Got her wet

Post by frasej »

Snuck away from work Friday, launched at Taylor park, second time having my new boat out. Caught a dozen crappie. Boat rides great. Weekend was to busy and weather to lousy to get out. Can't wait untill next outing.

Jim
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Oh! I get it, I was expecting to see a wet t-shirt! :lol:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Topwater , My other brother Dave and I went to Mississippi Saturday...one look at the water , we found a nice quite spot on the rideau and fished from shore :lol: fishing report ....200 blue gill,sun fish about 3 to 4 inches long, 6 crappie, one being smaller the my gold fish and two keepers...that are still swiming...Oh three bass.... size....food for my gold fish :oops: Still had a great day fishing with my Brothers :lol:

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!!><