A few shots of the steelhead weekend.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

A few shots of the steelhead weekend.

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0228.jpg

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0227.jpg

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0233.jpg

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0230.jpg

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903 ... 0_0223.jpg

Well lads they were playin hide and go far and long to seek!!I had a blast tryin to find em I only went 1\10 and landed all 11 suckers :shock:

Weather played nice on Sat but went south on sun :roll: But none the less was great to get out for the weekend and meet up with some bro's from out that way!

So for Wolfe there is a perfect example of how big they can get and believe it or not there are ones out there that double mine :shock:

Also for whoever opens my pics for me thx a mill ahead of time!!!

T.L F.F
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Nice pics. Brings back memories. This was the first year in a long time that I missed out on the Trout season opener. I guess there are other things I am going to miss now that I am a dad.

Oh well, great memories.

Cheers,

Mike
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Those are some real beauties! Great looking steelies.

Looks like that spot gets a little pressure. Lots of anglers in the background.

Great photo's.
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Thanks for the report bro. For the 1 outa the 10, you couldn't have landed a nicer one. Did you get them on roe or using one of those power worms that is nicely tucked in the breast pocket of your vest???

Just got back from doing a little floatfishing around Mtl. Float goes down on a nice drift, set the hook, heavy fish. Fight him, I am giddy cause this is going to be only my second bullet from Mtl outa 3 years of trying. Bullet?? No a damn 6 pound walleye. First time I catch one of those and swear.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I haven't used power worms much myself. I'd love to see a picture of how you rig them. I'm a straight roe drifter and I'd like to learn alternative artificial methods for when the roe jar gets a little light. :)
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

In regards to riggin the worm,Just like you would thread a dew worm on a bottom bounce rig for eyes.

Just thread the worm onto your hook and leave all but the curve burried,and use the same pattern as a drift with roe.Also you can hook it right through the middle with out hiding the hook in stained water.I will take a pick of both rigs and post for ya.

Manny no she came on a black wolly bugger,(Second drift!!)And to boot the wife picked it out at Orvis and said"Try this one"So I am in forever debt to my sweetie!!!

Slow but fun all weekend, T.L F.F
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Floatfishing

Great photos....you can't see from there , but I'm green with envey :wink: I also would like to know how you are rigging your bait to catch these monsters!!!!!! KEEP THE PHOTO'S COMING..THERE'RE GREAT
It's nice to come home from work and see the great fish you are able to land.....thanks :lol:

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!><
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

K guys,I am going to take a shot of the rig that I use,and post the pic for ya's.I am happy to do this to help out in any way that I may!!!

Also,as per my earlier post (well on Fri)If anyone has any ? towards this type of fishing I am more than happy to awnser!So I will start a new thread after with a pic of my set up(this will be an easy set up and will be used for roe,flies under a float.live bait,maggots,and worms,and also plastics,pink worms,small tubes and others.)

For more advanced set ups I will post as the ? come in.

T.L F.F
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Great! I look forward to them.

Have you got a handle on posting pics yet? I so ignore this...once you upload your pic's to photobucket and get your URL link adress you're ready to go. In your message click on the img icon, paste your URL adress and click the IMG icon again. That should do it for you.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Oh yea thats easy for you to say.... :wink: :lol: :shock: :D :oops:

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!!><