Moon Phases

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Here's a friendly tip for everyone:

If you really want to work the peaks, this does not mean only go out and fish full and new moons but there also are daily peaks, they just get better around the full and new moons. Go to Le***** and get yourself a casion fishing times watch for 50 some bucks. You set this thing right and it will let you know when the daily peaks are. This thing is very accurate, I have had days when we got action from 2 large fish and nothing else and both were within minutes or the morning and afternoon peak.

With the watch you can time yourself to be on peak spots at peak times or go back after a follow at peak times ect ect. Now these peak times are related to moon rise and moon set so thats why there are minors and majors every single day just you will get 4 fish majors around the new and full moons only. In between a major maybe only 2 fish and minors 1 while in the fullmoon phase you will have 1 fish all the times and 2 for minors and 4 for majors. The watch shows you peaks with little fish that pop up now and again there can be from 1 to 4. You can also look for peaks on other days by pushing a few buttons. I always check to see what the peaks are before I set a time for going out as well as to help me with my gameplan.

If I did not explain it right or you have more questions do not hesitate to PM me from this site.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin