floating set up...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

floating set up...

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

K my cam dont wanna charge so I am gonna try otherwise...

Fisrst of all a long rod is key,10-1\2 to 13(this is for smaller rivers,all G-bay and superior tribz,13 to 15")

Main line,I use 8 lbs with a 4 lb lead off my main,but 6 to 8 flouro is ok in stained water.

Tie a barrel swivel to your main and then a leader to the other end of the swivel.

Then in the case of a snagged or foul hooked fish you can break off and keep your float.

From your main:Tie a 18 inch to a 4 foot lead,and then a hook(with roe,a fly,or plastic what have you.)Pending on water depth and clarity,you may use more or less split shot.

Always use small dark splits!!!OIf you need to buy splits that r silver in coulor(put them in vinegar over night and they will turn grey,better for the sight aspect when fishing clear water)Also saves from buying lead splits too!

Your float should always be above your barrel,easier to move depth range too!

With the splits one every 8 to 12 inches along your lead, and graduating to large to small,though not huge spilts to begin,fro 1's to 4's,the last shot should be anywhere from a foot to 2 feet away from your hook(preventing a spooky fish from seeing its offering.)

The most important thing is to make your bait look natural(hence why we use roe,worms and imitations of their forage in a stream)

Bright coulors in stained water and big roe bags are key and small natural in clear is best too.Though dont be shy to try to differ from the guy next to you and if he has a green bag on throw a blue one you may be surprised!!!

As all other facts of fishing,try and experiment with other things and you may stumble on a new hot tech!!!

I will try to post a pic again for all interested, T.L F.F
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Floatfishin

Thanks for the tip on rigging....I think the best way to learn is to go with you ....when are you going next and do you need a partner!!!

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!!><
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Anytime bro!!!!!!! Always willin to help or find a new partner to fish with!!!

Thinkin 2 weeks for another shot at the big bad chromers!!!

I will for sure post,and also;I am offering my tips and guiding services to all who are in!!(but it is a strict C&R trip)

All I can do to help out bro's!!!! T.L F.F
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Forgot to mention....These guiding trips are of no cost other than maybe a cold beer at the end of the day.I am not in this for any other gain but a smile on another friends face for a sweet day of fishin.

T.L F.F
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

THat is the exact set up I've been using. Flurocarbon can make the difference of a 5 fish day and a 1 fish day.

Question about floats though. Do you have a preference in type/color?
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Floats hmmmmmmm,

This can be a tough one.....

My personal pref are,A clear float,coulord top but a clear bottom.It will save the fish seeing the float.

These fish have a high end vis!!!! And the coulor of a float can make the world of difference!Try Drennans,they are pricey but wicked floats.I always use a Phantom made by Blackbird,which will =be a orange or chartruse top and a clear bottom.

The faster the water the bigger the float.And visa vresa.

Your floats r the most expensive aspect to your rig:so that is why you put them above yoyur barrel.

I will post pics of the set up for better viewing.

T.L F.F