A new place to post pics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

A new place to post pics

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Well, I was having great success posting pics. So much so that I could gladly offer the service to others. Now, the site which is hosting my pics will no longer allow links to them.

So, for those of you who have pics that I posted for you, sorry, they will probably disappear shortly.

Anyone else know of a good site where you can save pics? I was using HP-Photo. I imagine they are having the same problem as everyone else - storage.

Any suggestions? I am hoping to post more than just fishing and boat pictures so myfishingpictures may not be a good choice.

Eye-tracker, thanks for the tip. FYI.

thanks
M.T. Livewell
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Build your site and they will come

Post by Seaweed »

I guess the most obvious would be building your own website either with the webspace your internet provider gives you or out on the net at some other place that lets you build sites.

I work on the web and don`t have a website..... what`s wrong with that picture. I am just such a friggin perfectionist but this year I will build it and they will come. My accout is 50mg so I can post a ton of images.. and no one will tell me not to link to them.

Sites are very easy to build. No kidding :P
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

It is all about bandwidth not storage space...
If you link to a picture 100kb in size and 1200 people visit the site in an hour your picture host has just used 120,000 kb of data bandwidth in an hour. Most ISP will hit you with an extra charge for bandwidth usage per day or month. This is why most sites will not allow linking to their hosted pictures...just think of sites that have a few thousand views per minute and you can see how the hosting site storing the photos can have all of it's bandwidth eaten up by another site.

Good luck M.T.
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I use www.myfishingpictures.com.

You can easily set up a free acount and it gives you a lot of storage space. Easy to use to. You will see lots of hawk talkers pictures there as well. Our very own spinner is one of the boards biggest posters....not sure why he keeps posting men in the "hottie" section though, but I'm sure he'll explain it to me at Muskrat.
:lol:
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

I'll attest to that!!!

ET.

At work we are tracking customers using upwards of 5-8Mb per week :shock: :shock: :shock:

One customer using 10% of the bandwidth, and way over their contract amount.
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

Here's another one that I use, liberal usage and if you choose to donate to help the operator offset costs it will be around for quite a spell.

Typical donations run 15 - 20$

http://photobucket.com/