Spiderwire Stealth

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

My walleye rods are set up like this...I am a line watcher :D ...

Spinning reels High Vis Yellow Fireline 10lb for Jigging and live bait rigs with 5 ft Fluro leader in 8lb. Great feeling for ticks and long hook sets.

Casting Reels, 30lb PowerPro Moss Green with 5 ft Fluro leader in 10 lb. Great for pulling walleye out of weeds.

Trolling Reels High Vis Yellow PowerPro 30lb with 20 ft Fluro Leaders in 10lb.

I like the super lines because they are so sensitive to strikes, pickups and lure action. I can tell what speed to troll just by watching the action of the rodtip, or I can tell looking at a in-line plane board if I have picked up weeds or I have just had a strike. Power pro also works great in my downrigger releases.

It does cost alot to load up six trolling reels with 600 ft of power pro, but the sensitivity and long lasting line is worth the startup cost. :D

I would also have to say that most weekend anglers could get away with good quality Mono, changed every season. I fish at least three times a week starting in April and ending in Dec...so I found I was re-spooling mono 3-5 times a season.

Try the different lines on the water and find one that suits your needs and budget...everyone has different taste when it comes to line. We are lucky to have so many on the market.

Now, go get some fish.... :D
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Unknowingly just spooled up one of my reels with the Fusion. Guess I'll just have to wear it out quick and replace it ASAP. (if it sucks)

The Stealth though.... I have had decent luck with this line, I'm surprised by the poor assessment by others. But I do agree, it goes seemingly brittle fast, although even in it that state it's accounted for some of my best eyes and bigger pike last season.
Rideaufish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Rideaufish »

I have been useing fusion for years and like it it is the only superline ive used picks out easyer than mono for those professional overruns. I may be missing something not trying others but i dont leave fish to find fish either :D .