Text Messaging the Weather right to the boat

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Text Messaging the Weather right to the boat

Post by Seaweed »

Did you know that if you have a phone that gets text messaging you can dial up and get the latest weather sent to you right in your boat? :shock:

I have my phone set up with all the areas where I fish so that if I see a cloud bank heading my way I can dial up and see if I need to head for the launch or not.... very cool stuff. hint - see theweathernetwork.com

I wonder if that could be why no one has been killed fishing by those freak tornadoes that have been finding their way to us lately?

Better safe than sorry is my motto.

disclaimer: Seaweed is not sure if there is a charge for this or not. The website did not mention money but your phone supplier might be able to tell you more..... seaweed might have a nice bill coming in the mail because of his new do anything phone. :roll:
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

God bless dial tone. If I had it my way, I would still have one of those old rotary phones.

Sounds like you've got some fun toys Seaweed. My buddy has a blackberry and gets all kinds of messages - like hockey scores. :cry: My understanding is that his cost in included by his service provider (blackberry), but caution, it ain't cheap.

M.T. Livewell
(in need of some toys)
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

black berries are cool, but I think they can only talk to each other.

I have a palm computer that is wireless. I can pick up emails while on the boat. All I need is a cell phone signal.