Good Crappie spots

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
eddie43
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Good Crappie spots

Post by eddie43 »

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing some decent crappie spots that can be fished from shore. Preferably in cleaner water areas as crappie are one of the few fish I keep to batter and fry up.

I used to fish Edmonds locks alot in Smiths Falls, but havn't had much luck recently.

Any help would be appreciated.
crouffer
Participant
Participant

Post by crouffer »

I've fished for crappie under the bridge next to Hurst marina. Usually I go on the opposite side of the river (i.e. the west bank) and fish along the weed lines up and down stream from the bridge.

Chris
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

As of Saturday, the crappie gear gets put away and the walleye gear comes out! :-)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Anywhere along the Rideau R. the crappie will be biting and in numerous numbers. What I have noticed is they are more scattered than they were two weeks ago...You can still get them from shore but it's more difficult as the crappies are moving around.

If you can access the river by boat your job of fan casting and scanning areas in search of them will make catching more and bigger craps a lot easier than to wait along the brushes for them to move in.

Good luck. Like Crouffer mentioned, bridges and creeks are a great place to start looking for them from shore. Good luck

Find one find them all :wink: