Sponsoring tackle shops

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Sponsoring tackle shops

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Well Ed, a big thank you for hosting this recurring meeting of the minds (all be they absent).

Nice to finally get out to your shop. All I can say is wow! Folks, it is worth the road trip. I just came back from a road trip to Bass Pro Shops and it was like 'Disneyland'. And while Ed doesn't have the square footage, I'd put on maybe the next playing field, as say a 'Canada's Wonderland'.

Much like the quality of posters here at Fish-Hawk, I am just as humbled by the quality of products and service we get here in the greater Ottawa area from our sponsoring tackle shops.

To Ed and Sandie of Paddletales, and Crystal and Mike of Baitcasters, I give you a salute. Folks, you've gotta make the trip out to meet these people. They make a mediocre at best fisherman like me feel as welcome and confident as tourney pro. Now, if only they could fill my livewell.

M.T. Livewell
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

The real question is "What is the Paddletails and Baitcasters equivalent to Mickey Mouse Ears?!?" :lol: :lol:

K.
Ricc
Participant
Participant

Post by Ricc »

You do know that we are getting a BPO at or near Canada's Wonderland, I think a lot of us are looking forward to it, not just the selection and the pricing but also competition to the french company that dominates the market right now. Lets welcome the competition to Toronto and may the best man win.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I second that abotu both shops.... :D

made my first trip out to Paddletales last night....what a pleasure....it is definitely worth the drive...just don't get stuck behind bingo traffic on teh way home!... :evil:

See you at the Baitcasters event next weekend!.. :D

RJ
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

I have been truley pleased with all my visits to Baitcasters.

I first started visting the store to pick up minows for ice fishing. Then it was some plastics during the open house they had. Which I must say I had one on one attention the whole time I was there. Truely execptional service. They even tolerated my three year old hurrican we call my son :)
Next it was back to purchase two new reels for my father and I. Again excellent service and price.

You have my bussiness!
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Jealous!

Post by Cancatchbass »

You Ottawa-area people don't know how lucky you are!

To be able to take a short drive and visit with Ed & Sandie or Crystal & Mike, and have the personalized service both shops offer, is priceless.

Coming from the Kingston area, where there is nothing to compare, I'd love to be able to drop in on Ed's TWHAICGFC (close enough?) on a Thursday night, or pop by Baitcasters to see what's new. The 4 hour round trip makes it a little difficult, though. :cry:

Support both of these shops, guys. If they were to be gone tomorrow, you'd realize just how important they are to the local angling community.

CCB