Debris in the Lake or just the River

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Debris in the Lake or just the River

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Just wondering, since most of my fishing is done on the Ottawa, how are the lakes in terms of floating junk.

What I mean is you cannot open her up for long on the river for fear of hitting the floating debris. Now I know this has a lot to do with the high water levels and the current. So, comparitively speaking how are the lakes? Wondering about Mississippi in particular.

thanks
M.T. Livewell
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Well...

Post by Cancatchbass »

Comparatively speaking, most lakes are a cinch compared to major rivers like the Ottawa and St. Lawrence.

Mississippi, because of the types of vegetation and bottom make-up, and lack of deadheads, should be one of the safest waterways around.

Doesn't mean you don't have to keep your eyes peeled, though. :lol:

CCB
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

MT
Watch Mississippi or check with baitcasters last year first trip out not all the shoals were marked :o , Ok if you have an idea where they are but if your not all that familliar with the lake its bad :evil: . By the end of the day they were marked :lol: :lol: . And before someone sais it they wern't marked with the paint from the boat :lol: