Did my thing...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BENLEGER
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BENLEGER »

SASKIE WROTE:
That IS how I fish pike in May and first part of June: Split-tail plastic behind a spinner or spoon.
No i mean no spinners, no spoons. They pitch carolina rigged tubes, salamanders, crawfish ETC..... I didn't mean to offend you in any way or generalize but you just know when somebody is lying and pitching for bass.

:roll:
BEN
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Tom

I will...there will probly be a C/O at the pout masters(local cat fish derby in Russell)on the 15 &16 of May...I'll be sure to talk to them!!!
thanks

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!><
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

outaseason

Post by Jigs »

:(

Unless they actually kept fish, or you havem on video, will be a stretch to prove they were fishing for anything other than panners or perch.

Might get a warning and might scarem. Hope so.

Think you did the right thing.

Those cell phones are handy.

Regards: Jigs :wink:
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

BASSSTALKER all police officers in the province can enforce the fish and game act. We do not have the same powers of search that the Conservation Officers do. But if an offence is observed we can lay charges.
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Interesting

Post by jazman »

Salmon,

How often is this practiced? Fairly common? What about calling non-emerg #'s when gross violations are taking place and CO's are non-responsive or unavailable?

Thanks....

Jeremy
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Thanks for clearafying for me. I was positive a Police Officer could lay a charge especialy if the fish is in plain site. Just curious, Have you or any of your colleges ever lay a charge under the fish and game?

Dave
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

BASSSTALKER wrote:I think the minestry should Deputize or have auxillary CO's who can issue tickets and such and are still average joes. I tell ya, I would be the first one in line to sign up. Keep up the good work guys.
I believe Quebec had/has a program like this in some Zecs etc. I remember hearing about it a few years ago. McQ ??? Can you confirm wether it's still/ever was in existence?? Anyhow, my point is, I'd love to see it. Every year there are instances where people just flagerantly flaunt the laws....Sure would make them think twice if they thought there might be auxillary c/o's around.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

We have "guardians" here. THese are local guys who aren't actually CO's, but have recieved training and have the ability to make poachers very sorry.

It seems to be working OK, but there's still to much of it going on. I guess it's like speeding...a lot of cops around, but you still have those cars whipping past you at 150kmh.
frasej
Participant
Participant

Did my Thing

Post by frasej »

I was on the Mississipi Saturday Catching a few crappie and watched two people from shore catching and weighing some very nice bass. Trolled over to them and told them if a warden sees you targeting these fish you will be in some kind of trouble. Explained that they are hurting the future bass population. They agreed and went back to doing yard work. Yes they were cottagers.

Jim
Hunting Joe
Participant
Participant

Post by Hunting Joe »

REPORT THEM ALL EVERYTIME AND NEVER STOP REPORTING THEM!!!
Hunting Joe
Participant
Participant

Post by Hunting Joe »

Just to add, Saturday morning I was watching a very popular fishin show on TV. They were catch'in spring Pickeral in Quinte and every once in a while they'd pull in a bass and then all proceed to laugh about it and hold it up for the camera giving more time for the pan fish to devour the fry in the nests. I was not impressed and I am writing a letter. Even my wife commented that when ever we accidently catch a bass out of season we immediately move location.