Late Georgian Bay fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Ricc
Participant
Participant

Late Georgian Bay fishing

Post by Ricc »

I'm heading out to Georgian Bay to fish for Bows tomorrow, Sat. April 30th. Some say I'm wasting my time, others say to go until the Carp come in. Any comments from those that fish the Meaford or Thornberry area, not that it matters, a day on the water and all those good comments, I'm still going.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I haven't personally heard any reports, but a few guys on this board fish it pretty regular. They might be able to help.

http://www.greybruceoutdoors.com/
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D I have no shore reports, but the guys in small boats have been limiting out on rainbows at Thornbury. Flatlining using small rapalas or A. C . Shiners.
Ricc
Participant
Participant

Post by Ricc »

Well I just got back in from Thornberry, launched at 8am, trolled up to Laura Bay (against the waves) and about a quarter of the way back, pee pee down rain from the start and then it got worse, the rain came harder and wind was picking up so we packed it in and opened the 25 back to the marina, cold as hell too. Oh and for those that commented on me not being able to plane, no problem this time, the 25 brought her up fairly quick in the rough water but I have to say the little 14 footer handled like a dream coming and going (Legend 144 Xcite). While we were launching the little thing, the big boys were coming in saying that it was too rough. There is something to be said for the little guys, they ride the waves and the wind has little affect. Back at Thornberry, everone coming in had the same report, and I quote "didn't even mark one". Well, work another week and try again is all I can say, I love it.