COs out and about

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

COs out and about

Post by Todd B. »

I was out flyfishing for Pannies yesterday evening at Black Rapids and was suprised to see a CO making the rounds checking lisences, catches, etc. The Lockmaster had indicated that indicated that they would be making more appearances this season and to be honest it was nice to see him out.

I managed to have a quick chat with him before he left to check the other fishermen. From our chat it was clear that they are making a serious effort to do more random spot checks, as well as respond to reported abuses.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Good he's doing his job.. and now all those who fish without licenses knows where he's checking :lol: :lol:
Leechman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Leechman »

I did get checked a couple of weeks ago at Victoria Island while fishing from shore..... I'm glad that he came by.... very nice guy.

He said that he had a complaint about someone fishing and catching oos eyes.

It's comforting to know that they are on the look out and respond to illegal activities :)

Fish Finder
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Fish Finder wrote:He said that he had a complaint about someone fishing and catching oos eyes.
Fish Finder
Nah, he heard someone was poaching groundhogs to make new hats... :lol:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Apparently he is going to be wearing his '' fur coat '' alot more often
when hard water returns :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol:
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

Few days ago, I was at Black Rapds, and by 7pm, there was about (or should I say exactly, as I counted them) 25 anglers. About 5 had thier white buckets. I wish a CO would have paid them a visit then.

The guy next to me said they caught someone with OOS bass and he got $500 fine, plus they took his car! Not sure about the car part, but $500 seems low to me.
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

COs out and about

Post by Joey Rat »

Nice to have an early season presence just to keep folks honest.

I do believe that they can seize the vehicle you came in if you are fishing illegally.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I was stopped and checked in Aylmer last night for my card while fihsing one of my favorite pools for walleye and was asked a few simple questions. I noted it was nice to see them out and about and why they would have come to this location(I have never seen anyone here :shock: ) He said there were only 6 of them.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I was stopped and checked in Aylmer last night for my card while fihsing one of my favorite pools for walleye and was asked a few simple questions. I noted it was nice to see them out and about and why they would have come to this location(I have never seen anyone here :shock: ) He said there were only 6 of them in the area.

Oh yea, also caught some fish too

matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

nice picture TIp!
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Great pic Tip Up.

The Ministry has finally started to put money back in the program. The local CO's here just picked up a new Crestliner for thier uses.

great guys and nice to them fianally get a gas card and boat that will suit thier needs.

JP
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

JP wrote:Great pic Tip Up.

The Ministry has finally started to put money back in the program. The local CO's here just picked up a new Crestliner for thier uses.

great guys and nice to them fianally get a gas card and boat that will suit thier needs.

JP
Saw it on Charleston last weekend.
At first I couldn't tell it was a CO boat until they got closer and the shoulder patches could be seen.

Nice looking rig.
Leechman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Leechman »

bucketmouth wrote:
Fish Finder wrote:He said that he had a complaint about someone fishing and catching oos eyes.
Fish Finder
Nah, he heard someone was poaching groundhogs to make new hats... :lol:
Groundhog hunting....isnt it illegal to do that :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FF
Joe28
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe28 »

Yeah, the COs are great until they aim their guns at you when you haven't done anything at all in the middle of nowhere... sure they're friendly in the city but not so nice in the bush.