Fishing for crappies

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
mccannk
Participant
Participant

Fishing for crappies

Post by mccannk »

Where can i do some good shoreline fishing for crappies here in Ottawa or within an hour or so of here?
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Constance Creek/Rideau

Post by saskie »

I haven't had any luck there myself yet, but I've heard good things about Constance Creek (N of Kanata, near Dunrobin). Also the Rideau system.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hi Mccannk

Welcome to the board :!: You may want to try Karrs , under the second bridge(heading south) there were a few cars there today!! Also the rideau Lock system will produce if you hit them at the right time!!,Nicoles Lock is one of the places I would try..I didn't get there today i did try from Smith falls down with out much luck...but they could be there tomorrow...or not :roll: :? :D

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!!><
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Yum!

Post by Cancatchbass »

I hit Whitefish and Cranberry on the Rideau this afternoon. The fish were holding in 8-10 feet of water over emerging weedgrowth. They preferred a straight tube presentation rather than under a bobber.

Took 16 home including this pair of almost-15's.

Fishfry on Sunday! :lol:

My condolences to the guys fishing Big Bay (Belleville area). Must have been nasty out there today. :(

And my apologies for the jumbotron photo- not sure why it's so dang huge?!?!

CCB
mccannk
Participant
Participant

Post by mccannk »

Thanks for all the tips boys!

Cancatchabass your picture is so big as the resolution of your photo is 1030 by 782 pixels. In the future you could shrink the size using any photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.

"Here's to the old lady that lives up the hill. If she won't drink it, I will".
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Hey CCB

Nice ones. I was on Dog Lake at the same time you caught those. The wind was brutal but it turned out great once the rain started. The wind slowed down ant the fish picked up :D . That's the way you like it. Caught a couple of 13 in. and quite a few of various size.

I'll be heading to fiddler's elbow on Monday morning. to all F-H talkers, I'll be in a grey 14ft, sitting high on the very tip of the boat. Stop and say hi.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Nice fishes there CCB, can't wait for those first Crappies....Well, Trout or Wallies too come to think of it :!: :roll: