Fishing The Rideau Lock System Today

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Fishing The Rideau Lock System Today

Post by big-o »

Well fellow hawkers

Since My boat is still at Hurst having the new upgrades installed I was boatless :cry: .....So Topwater ,Topwater jr. and I tried shore line fishing for Crappie! We worked the Rideau Lock system...Not much success,,we managed only a few keeper size Crappie,We were catching 3" to 8" Bass by the score,Blue gill ,sunfish and Pumpkin seed by the Hundreds all in the same size range as the bass :? I got to watch a young 6 year old catch and land his very first pike :D Jason and his two brothers Shawn who also caught his first Pike and the Youngest Kevin who was a fishing Machine :wink: on the blue gill and sunfish All three of these young anglers and their Dad were up from Lindsey Ontario enjoying a warm sunny day ...What Great memerioes these youngsters are going to have ,fishing with Dad :lol: :lol: WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!! I also had A great chat with Gary Moore on fishing the Rideau for Muskies , a man after my own heart ...his go to lure......BIG-O...what can I say the man is a genius :wink: It was great talking to you Gary, Gary reads fish-Hawk.....I hope he joins the board!!!!!! Topwater will be posting photos tomorrow

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!><
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

Pics from the rideau Lock System
Shawn and his dad with Shawns first pike
some of the blue gills /sunfish in the lock ,Gee I wonder what that pike was doing there :shock: