walleye season

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
javelin4
Participant
Participant

walleye season

Post by javelin4 »

When does the walleye season open on the Ottawa river in the Ottawa area.I know the season opens next friday here in Pembroke.A friend thought that the season there didn't open until the 3 weekend in your area.The mnr are trying to close the season until the 27 or 28 of may in our area for next season.I personally do not agree with this,they just have to keep a tighter watch on the sanctuarys in the area,we see people fishing them all the time.Most of the walleye we catch on opening weekend are small males,the females are still in the small rivers spawning.
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Saturday ( 2nd sat in may), Are you sure it’s next Friday? I would have thought it was next Saturday like Renfrew.
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

Ottawa River (Div. 12) is open for Walleye and Pike on Friday May 7th. :D Unfortunatly for me I have to look after the little one until Saturday as my better half is out of town. :(
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

FRIDAY... WAHOO.... I always thought 12 was qubec, and it opened on saturdays. Next time I will read intead of looking.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

SATURDAY MAY 8!

Post by saskie »

According to the 2004 reg summary it opens on SATURDAY May 8, not Friday. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

It also mentions something about a fish sanctuary between the Lake Temiskaming Dam and Fournier Creek which doesn't open until 15 June. I don't know where Fournier Creek is.
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Take a look

Post by Pepe »

Hey boys - for the Ottawa River in Div 12 is the "fri before the 2nd sat" which is 7 May - take a look at page 38 of the 2004 Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary - we take the friday off work each year for a shore lunch of early season 'eyes - lots of easy pickins in the eater size - the larger ones are tough to get - maybe their still in the river mouths spawing.

Pepe
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I stand corrected. I never thought I'd be so glad about being wrong - WOO HOO!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Is Mississippi Lake open on friday as well?... :)
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Nope, Only the Ottawa is open friday DIV 12.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Anyone have any walleye holes near Constance Bay they'd be willing to share - bearing in mind this will be my first time out on the River and don't know where anything is?
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

Mississippi Lake opens on Saturday May 8th. The Ottawa River typically opens the day before.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Pickeral spot

Post by Seaweed »

Saskie try the drift jigging the drop off about half-way across the river from Shirleys Bay. Go chartreuse with a hair jig tipped with a chunk of minnow or worm. Hang on tight to the rod.

Best of luck.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Hi All,

Just a little trivia fact for you. All the species seasons on the Ottawa Rivers open on Fridays because that is when seasons open up in Quebec.

This would be great if Ontario did it province wide because then you won't have to wait for midnight on Saturday to fish. This would be really nice when travelling a long way as it would give you another few hours of fishing.

The Quebec government has it figure out...More tourism $$ cause of it.

Cheers,

Mike
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi everyone i stay in quebec and waley open on the 21 of maibut for
the ottawa river zone 25 quebec side its this week the 7 of mai

joco
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

saskie wrote:Anyone have any walleye holes near Constance Bay they'd be willing to share - bearing in mind this will be my first time out on the River and don't know where anything is?
As you leave Buckham's Bay, troll the right side as you head out to the river. Go straight out, in ohter words stay parrallel to the shoreline. Keep going for about 1/2 a kilometer. Just as you get out of the Bay, start doing "S" turns. You'll be trolling a weed edge which runs quite apiece. You should catch something there. Could be anything from Cats to Muskie but I'd guess Pike or Wallie.