This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

New to this forum , but have been evesdropping for a few weeks.
Seems like a great bunch .

Although not living in the Ottawa area ,I grew up north of Kingston and still spend at least the first week of Nov in the VALLEY.

Has anyone fished Norcan Lake lately ,We have a hunt camp on south end but in the 20 plus years I've been there we have never fished it .
Boat ramp locations would be appreciated.

tinbanger
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

Welcome tinbanger

You can pickup a lot here, all the people have a great amount on info to pass around 8)

PC: tinbanger = :?: :?: :?: bodyman maybe
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

Need all the help you can give " never stop learning "

Tinbanger = 15 foot, 20+jr old Springbok with 40hp running Lake Simcoe!
Georges
Participant
Participant

Post by Georges »

Hey Tinbanger is that short for sheet metal worker
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I don't know of a boat launch on Norcan. My handy dandy Eastern Ontario Fishing book says there isn't any, but that a small boat or canoe can be carried down from the road. If anyone knows of one I'd love to hear about it - especially a big, wide 40acre boat launch (re: Boat launch follies thread) :lol:
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

I rented a cottage on Norcan lake a few years ago. The resort is called Canonto Lodge. From calabogie, drive west to Mountain Chute Dam. Once your pretty much at the base of the dam, a little road will cross a bridge and bring you to the lodge. People there are pretty good and they should tell you where the ramp is. I did not have a boat at the time so I rented from them. Their Web site says the ramp is just down the road.

I'm not sure if I can post their Web page here. Just Google them, it's the first hit you'll get.

I was new at fishing then, and I caught good numbers and sizes so I would venture to say that fishing is probably good there.

Good luck
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

i saw that lodge site as well,My bet is there are some private ramps around .
We have a couple of people use our camp in winter and they have caught some pike .