Gatineau Area Trout Hunt with even more pictures now!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Gatineau Area Trout Hunt with even more pictures now!

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Okay on last Saturday I went searching with my father for some nice places to catch Brook Trout. Unfortunately I have no pictures of trout because they all managed to get off the hook. Even if I had a picture, it wouldn't be exciting because they were in the 3-4 inch range and babies.

The main spot I love to go to had no biting going on, but there is definitely monster trout in there.

So basically here are some pictures just for you to enjoy or not enjoy.haha either one! :)

This is FENDER creek......It's unnamed so we named it on our arrival....Many brook trout, but extremely small ones (Sardines). Fender Creek is named this way because some DICKHEAD bum bum of a human being decided it would be a good place to throw fenders and car doors. That really pee pee meoff that someone would do this........But anyways, fender creekhas tiny fish, no big ones. They are sardine sized and aren't edible due to their size, unless you want to prep them like sardines. Personally I think I should go out thereand catch a ton of them and release them into the small lake close to the road and they will groweven bigger and populate the lake. Okay maybe a stupid idea, but they aren't really growing to their potential........been there for 10000'sof years and can only grow 5 inches max. Sad :(

Okay next is STAG Creek, or Ruisseau Stag. This is on the maps and is west of Low Quebec. The Kelly Covered bridge runs over this river. I have not fished it, nor do I know if there is brookies in it, but I would assume that in some places there are brookies in this creek. It is clay bottomed most of the way and is somewhat unclear and murky, but still suitable enough for specks. We won't be fishing it because I am not healthy enough to rock climb down the kelly bridge embankment!

Image'

Next is the Paugan Dam which is thrown in there because it's interesting and very scary to drive over the top of. You can't tell how big it really is from these pictures. But trust me, If you don't like heights, and don't like hydro dams (scary as hell) you won't like the Paugan Dam in Low Quebec!

Next is "CREEK X" aka Brookie Nirvana. I didn't spend more than 1 hour here on Saturday because I wanted to explore some other places so we didn't get any fish. But this place produces large Brookies. If you know it, then you know it's a nice place for the Speckled Trout to live :)

And Next I will throw in my trip to Lac Ste. Marie which was not really productive whatsoever either, but nevertheless more pictures which u may or may not enjoy haha.......These pics are actually mostly taken in Lac La Vase which is the northern park of Lac Ste. Marie more or less. U travel under a culvert with your boat and you end up in it, but I don't really consider it a separate lake but it has a diff name so meh. Lac La Vase it is....

Tiny Walleye, not worth keeping, was released!

Lac La Vase landscape picture.......

Thank you for reading/looking!

----Tom----

HERE IS MORE PICTURES OF CREEK X BROOKIE NIRVANA! AND THE NICE BROOKIE MY DAD CAUGHT WHEN WE WENT THERE......Damn was I jealous! It's not gigantic or anything but a decent sized brookie and was eaten by him of course. I throw back what I catch but he eats Walleye and Brookies. I am a conservationist, I believe in conserving our wildlife. If I would take a fish, it will be a trout from cold clean water and/or a Walleye from clean water as well. But even then I'm not sure I would since I don't know how to clean them.

CREEK X BROOKIE NIRVANA

Beautiful places to be. Trout NIRVANA in my opinion. I love this type of place. I almost fall asleep when I am there........i get so relaxed......This place is very close to Ottawa and has ICE COLD water that numbs your hands and toes! Not located near the town of Low or the Paugan Dam so don't search for it there. The smaller fender creek is near Low, and Brookie Nirvana is close to Ottawa. Good luck finding it :P

Enjoy! :)

----Tom----
Last edited by FishingIsHealing on Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

great report Tom!
Rico24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rico24 »

Nice report Tom, i like how you described the places and the nice pictures! Good job, looking forward for more of your reports!

Rico
mattdrp
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mattdrp »

Good report and goods pics to :D
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Thank's everyone for the positive feedback. Will make more reports in the future. I always really enjoy to look at anyone reports especially when they have pictures included. It's very nice to look at and really peeks my interest and makes me happy. I just love FISHING! I LOVE IT!

This weekend I will be heading up to some small lakes near the Paugan Dam with my porta-boat and my dad and I will hopefully land some big brookies!

Many of the lakes around the Paugan Dam have many a brook trout!

go up there and look for anything trouty, streams and rivers, lakes, anything it all holds brookies!

Catching them is the problem! hahaha

Good fishing to all! :)
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Nice report Bud..............

But try not to give out too many details when posting pics of your secret

spots ,,, Somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody else

might reconize it , Then the next time you go back, there will be hundreds of F-Hawkers fishing there :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink: 8)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

But try not to give out too many details when posting pics of your secret

you got that rig B.A.

the little bridge is a guive away. 8) .

itsfor your own..good.........there is more then 3000 people in here plus as mutch lurker..

if you want to see trout again in that creek.. :wink:

you did a great job and go get them and bring us a report... :wink:

thanks for sharing.

joco
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Well, the water looks a lot higher than I was there. Man do some of those pictures bring back some memories. Never caught any trout but I was the only one without a fishing rod that day. If I can get the time I might make it back up that way sometime this week. How were the bugs? Nice pictures and very 8) nice stream trout. As long as your not continuously naming spots in all of your posts(And other peoples spots)you will have no problems with people finding your hidden gems :wink: :wink: :wink: Your new and will learn, like I did and many others.........................................

Give it up Bass Addict, look whos talking :roll: :)

What a frickin' small world :shock:

-Andrew
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Had to edit that a little :arrow:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Give it up Bass Addict ,look who's talking :shock: :shock: :? :?
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Give it up Bass Addict ,look who's talking :shock: :shock: :? :?

Why ?????????? did i mention ...........

Lake McGregor
Lake Ste Marie
Lake Peter North
Victoria Island
Petrie Island
Ottawa River
McLaurin Bay
Black Bay
Molson Bay

Oh yeah , of course Lake xxx :) :) :)
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

Thanks for the pictures, "Fender" creek and "brookie nirvana" look very familiar. It's essential to c/r and fish barbless on those rivers if you dont want them to turn out into a "sardine" factory. Although the brookies are very agressive there are actually less trout per mile than one would think.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

I haven't given out the name of my Trout NIRVANA. I only gave out the name of Stag Creek and Fender Creek (and Fender is not it's real name). I have no problem giving out places I have not been to people who ask. I will never try Stag creek. It's too far down an embankment and I'm not healthy enough to go there. Plus there is probably not much in there, a few brooks maybe but the water is unclear because of clay.

Fender Creek is known about already by locals and no one ever fishes it because the fish just don't grow big enough to be edible.

My Brookie Nirvana Creek is hard to distiniguish just from photos. It looks like many creeks, rivers and streams in the Gatineau Area. The only noticeable thing is the culvert but those are on every stream which cross a road.

It looks like La Peche River, it looks like the Picanoc River, the Kazabazua river ( in some spots). It looks like anything up there.

I did not give away it's location. And won't unless someone gives me a special location and I fish it in person and catch something with them. Then I will lead them to it and they can have it.

Only under those circumstances will I ever let the secret out!

So don't flame me for letting secrets out cuz I'm not! I only let out Stag Creek and told it's location because it's not fishable for me and others may want to try it. :twisted: :lol:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Who's flaming you.......... :? :? :? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

LOL......that's all I can say... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and even more :lol: :lol: :lol: about "Andrew's"
Man do some of those pictures bring back some memories