Muskrat Monster

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

i would name that a fine bucket mouth!!!!!!

a real lunker hunter....................

HOG TOWN

PIG CITY

ps: i love LMB
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

It is a sixer allright!!!

.....tomorrow morning...well in less than 6 hours I will be on the hunt!

I'm sure it felt so good right Bobber!! :wink: I can tste it!!!

Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

It is a sixer allright!!!

.....tomorrow morning...well in less than 6 hours I will be on the hunt!

I'm sure it felt so good right Bobber!! :wink: I can taste it!!!

baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice bass you got there Bobber :D .
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Allow me to add detail and controversy to Bobber's six pounder.

I'll leave out the part about Bobber having to ask twice for the net and get to the part where Bobber is inspecting the bass / pig.

A fish that big - you have to look into its gob - it's just such an enormous vacuum. And there to our surprise was the tail of what looked to be a rockbass sticking out of its throat. A fairly good size tail too - it had clearly been a little digested.

So post-release, we're discussing the pig and how that was the kind of fish that puts you on top of the field when you get a few other solid tournie fish in the boat - like we did. I caught a 4.1 and several other fish were 3.5 range.

Then we wondered... what if we were in a tournie? And the pig had the fish tail sticking out of its gob. For sure that has to happen every now and then. Is Bobber's claim of a six-pounder at risk? That sort of pondering dampened the joy a little - for about two seconds.

I said Bobber, we're not in a tournie and that fish was, before regurgitating up to the point of the tail, without question 6.0. And he will be 6.0 again... as soon as he finishes chewing his breakfast.

It was a great morning.

I swear I have nothing to do with the weather, Mr Rider. When I can get time to fish I've decided I can't be choosy - especially this year. Man it has rained on me every outing this spring. :roll:

RJ - I'll see if I can work it in soon - pretty occupied with career - kids need new shoes. :lol:

Nodie - I use a 7 ft med heavy often enough with the 7 1/8 inch worm - swim it dunk it let it sit walk the dog. On that day I was also using a 6' 8" Green Country. It's 6.8 because the tip cracked off. I had a large spinning real with 30 lb fireline and 4/0 Mustad Wide gap. Very fun and versatile rig that I put together for guests that are not familiar with baitcasting gear.

Joisey Joe - you old squid.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Jeez Mike, you look suspiciously like that dude Tip-UP! :lol: Hope all is well and it's good to see youse guys can get out on da water and have some fun! Man that was a pig, did you have any second thoughts manning the net?? :twisted: How's the family? Have a great summer, Joe.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

Wow... wat a fish... can't wait to get mine... went out with the GF sunday for my bass opener... wasn't able to get out sooner... but i did manage a nice 4lber and a few others.... and ALOT of Pike... she had a blast and i also had a blast watching pike smash buzzbaits... anyways... glad to see u got ur Nickle+... Bobber... you, me and Mike should all get out this season soon and we'll have a lil derby between the 3 of us... last time i was out with Mike and his old Jonhson i think he only managed one or two... lets see what a few of us can do....

JaY
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Sweet...nice one!